Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student with BTEA question

Options
  • 22-04-2015 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

im 24 and im currently doing my leaving cert while receiving BTEA. im looking to go on and do a course but it is level 5..same as the leaving cert. would that mean i am not eligable to receive any BTEA payment if i choose to do the course?

if not, ill choose one that is level 6.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Level 5 leaving Cert is a lower 5 award, so the PLC 5 you wish to attend should be a major award on the NFQ and does mean that you are progressing.
    Generally this would be all PLC 5 approved courses in colleges of further education.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Sup08 wrote: »
    Level 5 leaving Cert is a lower 5 award, so the PLC 5 you wish to attend should be a major award on the NFQ and does mean that you are progressing.
    Generally this would be all PLC 5 approved courses in colleges of further education.

Great news! Thanks a lot :)

http://www.pearsecollege.ie/computer-work-skills-applications/

Would this qualify me for btea again after my leaving cert course? Maybe I should e-mail FAS

MarkY91 wrote: »
    http://www.pearsecollege.ie/computer-work-skills-applications/

Would this qualify me for btea again after my leaving cert course? Maybe I should e-mail FAS

This I am not sure, because if this course is run by FAS, then you would get a FAS allowance and not BTEA.

Sup08 wrote: »
    This I am not sure, because if this course is run by FAS, then you would get a FAS allowance and not BTEA.

its not a FAS course as far as i know. ill ask anyways

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    its not a FAS course as far as i know. ill ask anyways

If it is run by the college directly, then more than likely it should qualify. Best of luck.

Advertisement