Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a MacBook Pro 15"

Options
  • 17-04-2015 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Long term windows user here hoping to make the switch to OS X and think the MBP 15" is the one for me.

I have noted that the 13-inch was updated last month, but alas the 15 inch was not. :rolleyes:

I don't need it urgently, have the cash for it now - I just would like to know, would I be better off waiting a few months in case a update comes in the immediate future....or purchase now? And if I were to purchase now, would it depreciate a great deal if and when the new update comes out?

Cheers :D

S.Teapot

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

There will always be a newer model on the way and electronic goods will always devalue :)

Having said this Apple products hold thier value far better than the opposition.

I bought the cheapest iMac available in 2009. I use it every day. Although it is now considered prehistoric by many it never fails to disappoint.

Buy your Mac, you'll never look back!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The 15-inch hasn't been updated since last July. It's due an update but it looks like the Broadwell chips Apple were waiting on may not be coming. I can't see them waiting for Skylake which knowing Intel could be early next year, so a minor storage bump or price drop may be all that's on the cards, probably in the next 2 months. The main reason to wait is for the force touch trackpad. I'd wait, but it's up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Narcissus

15 inch retina was updated today - still has Haswell processor though.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/05/19/apple-releases-new-15-inch-macbook-pro/

from €2299 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Graham 1324

That's one pricey mac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Another price hike. My dream of a new mac in September is fading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Just saw this now.....wow, that's pricey! I have edu discount which softens the blow a bit.... hmm, to take the plunge or not.

Advertisement