Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat year fees

Options
  • 06-04-2015 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

While I'm aware that repeating the year means I won't be eligible for a SUSI grant, I'm wondering does that include the fees or does it just mean the maintenance grant?

Also, if it does mean ineligible for any of the grant, is there any point in applying just to see what happens?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If repeating the year you'll have to pay full EU fees for whatever course you are doing. This varies depending on course and college, search for fees in your college and you will find them

With regards to the grant, they generally don't give out grants in repeat years, only in exceptional circumstances and it is assessed on a case by case basis

http://www.susi.ie/Should-I-apply/Previous-Education-and-Progression.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

While I'm aware that repeating the year means I won't be eligible for a SUSI grant, I'm wondering does that include the fees or does it just mean the maintenance grant?

Also, if it does mean ineligible for any of the grant, is there any point in applying just to see what happens?

You would not be eligible for any part of the grant if you are repeating.
    If you apply, the college informs Susi you are repeating and your grant, if awarded, is rescinded.

Advertisement