Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

diy double barrel stove

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭ponddigger

hi all. got all the materials for the construction of the diy double barrel stove 2day,i will post photos as I build it .jack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Does the second barrel make it more efficient, i feel the single barrel is good enough, it would be away more compact anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

WikiHow wrote: »
    Does the second barrel make it more efficient, i feel the single barrel is good enough, it would be away more compact anyway.

According to the video the top barrel is heated by the flue gasses, so yeah it does appear to make the system more efficient since it can harvest some of the heat which would otherwise gone up the spout. No idea how much more efficient though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

I am horrified.

I lost my sister tragically to carbon monoxide.

Anybody attempting to make this and put a restrictor on the chimney is mad and stupid.
    There is a reason all appliances have to be approved, tested for health & safety and have a CE mark.

The producer of this home made video can legaly, be liable for indirect manslaughter as they have made film clip with instructions and posted it on a public forum.

It's also a potential bomb.

Ps. I'm a qualified heating engineer and come from a family business of metal fabrication.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

who lets the nut job in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

would them barrells last long, i'd imagine a hole would burn through after a couple of fire's,

hi all.diy double barrel nearly ready.i will post photos when it is ready.we see how well it work or not.i will put sand and a grate to stop it from burning out two quickly,that the plan jack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Idiotic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

yup

Adam Evans
    3 months ago

Nicely made, I had a boiler similar to this for about a year. Never again. The efficiency is atrociuos, so the wood consumption is high and you have to load it often and it isreally smoky. Bought a Tarm Gassification boiler and my wood consumption went from 16 cords to 6 cords, only have to load it once every day or two and there is no smoke. Gotta love 85-90% efficiency.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHCtIR8ag9g

http://www.ecohouse-fr.com/pricelist/prices/

scudo2 wrote: »
    I am horrified.

I lost my sister tragically to carbon monoxide.

Anybody attempting to make this and put a restrictor on the chimney is mad and stupid.
    There is a reason all appliances have to be approved, tested for health & safety and have a CE mark.

The producer of this home made video can legaly, be liable for indirect manslaughter as they have made film clip with instructions and posted it on a public forum.

It's also a potential bomb.

Ps. I'm a qualified heating engineer and come from a family business of metal fabrication.

How effin stupid can people be.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

The lengths some people will go to, to win a Darwin award always amazes me

hi ,some photos of build so far,jack

ponddigger wrote: »
    hi ,some photos of build so far,jack

I hope you do not plan to use it indoors.

Actually I hope you never plan to use it,
    but if you do, please,please, don't dream of useing it indoors or in a confined space.
    I'm not trying to be a kill joy but people have died from less stupid contraptions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

use it outside for whatever,
    but dont but that crap inside in a building,
    a disaster waiting to happen fella

Advertisement