Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student contribution charge

Options
  • 07-04-2015 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Just thinking there I've been struggling and fighting susi to get my grant since September and iv been in college studying and passing exams the whole way through barely scraping by thanks to loans from family and friends. I'm still waiting on appeals and the college have told me if I don't get the grant I will still have to pay college fees ie student contribution charges. I was expecting to get the grant so never thought of any of this and without it I cannot pay the fees. Just wondering if any body knows how long into the course until you can drop out without paying the fees? Surely there's some exemptions especially since the arrival of the susi grant system as it is painfully slow and a nightmare to deal with!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

AFAIK, you would have to drop out of the course within the first month but you may want to check with the college as the times may differ by college.

Advertisement