Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop repairs

Options
  • 30-12-2014 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello all. Can anyone recommend a good laptop repair service in either Carlow town or Kilkenny city please? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What's up with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bonjovigirl

What's up with it?

When I turn it on, the screen doesn't turn on. Have tried various "troubleshooting" from Internet. Can't get it going at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭kig

Can anyone recommend a good place to take my laptop in South Dublin, my screen flickers, and have been told by HP that I'll need a new screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

kig wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good place to take my laptop in South Dublin, my screen flickers, and have been told by HP that I'll need a new screen

Buyca new screen and do it yourself. A 10 minute job and plenty of how to videos

is it that simple, I don't want to mess it up totally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

kig wrote: »
    is it that simple, I don't want to mess it up totally.

Yup. A few screws to take off the bezel. Unscrew the screen. Detach the cable carefully and reverse the procedure.
    Check out Google.
    I can pm you a few UK sites I've used in the past .

That would be great, if you could recommend some sites where I may be able to get a new screen

Advertisement