Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop advice

Options
  • 03-01-2015 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi

I'm looking to get a laptop to replace my old and slow desktop. I have basic needs, basically Internet/Microsoft office/a bit of video&photo editing (in terms of videos, they'll be short 2' max edits and I'd like them in good (hd) quality).
    I was advised a Dell Inspiron 15-5000series (core i5, dedicated graphic card and 8gb ram) for €579. It's in my budget but I wonder if I really needs that good specs or could I get away with an integrated gpu/lower ram? I'm not gonna do lots of editing, just the odd time, yet I want the edits to be of good quality.
    Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,792 ✭✭✭✭cormie

You might be better off getting a better spec machine if you have the budget for it, just to future proof you for 4K etc better than a cheaper one would. I haven't a clue what laptops are good though!

Advertisement