Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone know if this eurocylinder is ok to have?

• 26-01-2014 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭

Someone (possibly talking out of their ass) said it would void house insurance as it provided ease of exit to burglars.

It's off the front door & is very handy as we don't have to keep keys in it, but if the insurance was void, I'd change it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Fecking hope not I fitted 100s of the for builders around Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭OU812

Think I need to call my insurance company tomorrow. Don't want to drop €40 on a new one.

OU812 wrote: »
    Think I need to call my insurance company tomorrow. Don't want to drop €40 on a new one.

Let me know the outcome please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

My window man insisted that they have to be fitted on my back door when I objected ( in a nice way ) for safety in case of fire, new regs

Keep us informed.Pz
    Ta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭OU812

Called the insurance company earlier. With certain companies, they have to be disclosed at the start (& get a loading presumably) as if undisclosed, they'll void the policy. Mine accept them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Cerco

OU812 wrote: »
    Called the insurance company earlier. With certain companies, they have to be disclosed at the start (& get a loading presumably) as if undisclosed, they'll void the policy. Mine accept them.

I cannot see any reason for loading. I think the concept of ease of exit is ridiculous. How many homes in the country use standard Yale locks which are opened from inside without a key?
    I could see a loading issue if the barrel could be easily snapped but not for the reason cited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,486 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Cerco wrote: »
    I think the concept of ease of exit is ridiculous.
    +1. Apart from everybody probably having a key sitting on the inside of a back door anyway, who wants to trap an angry, frustrated burglar in their home for any longer than necessary.

My god I better make a few calls over this I cannot even begin to remember how many I have fitted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

I have fitted a couple of these for elderly couples as they find them away more simpler and easy to manage, i can see the theory that a burglar can just break a window on the door and turn the knob open but if a burglar wants access to a house they will find a way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

I read if you keep your blue socks in the bottom:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: draw your loaded too

• Advertisement
Advertisement