Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacement Bass Amp inputs?

• 17-01-2005 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hey just wondering does anyone kno-w where I could get two replacement bass amp inputs?

I've a 80w combo Elka bass amp and our drummer managed to desteoy both passive and active inputs.

Anybody have any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Surely they're just mono input jacks?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Actually, no, that's terrible advice. If the inputs are blown, it'll be more than just replacing the jacks.

Proof that drummers should never be let near any guitar or bass equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Aladdin's Amps
    Phone: +353-1-4935553/+353-0-862490940
    Email:aladdinsamps@yahoo.co.uk

Don't do the electrical thing yourself unless your drummer will be the one to plug it in and test it first :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

I've a 80w combo Elka bass amp and our drummer managed to desteoy both passive and active inputs.

Anybody have any ideas?

How do you know it's the inputs? I hate to suggest it, but if they both went at the same time, it's probably much worse than that.

And even if it is, the input is usually just a jack with a resistor or two - everything after that is going to be PCB mounted, which makes home repair pretty difficult.

Before you pull anything apart, is it under warranty still?

Advertisement