Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Strat + Mbox = Cool!!

Options
  • 15-01-2005 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

Well as some of you may know i got myself a new strat about a week ago, well on thurs i got myself protools/mbox(factory bundle) aswell and i HIGHLYrecommend them to anyone:D

I thought i'd post a track i did earlier..(it's not much but i like the kind of sounds you can get with amplitube), i pretty much play the same riff for three minutes:D, but hey, there's only so much you can do with one guitar!

i have to admit i probably won't even use my amp for when i'm jammin in future, i'll just plug into the mbox and use amplitube!!:D

Anyway, here ya's go.. i love the tone you can get and it sounds good in my headphones, so if you have ****ty speakers don't expect much.. and sorry for the abrubt ending, i haven't mastered reason and i originally just kept on playing ****e so i just chopped it all off:)

here ya go

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

when i click the link it goes, page unavailable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

mmm, i don't think it's a problem with the link.. the page itself is probably down at the moment.. i'll see if i can find somewhere that won't go down:rolleyes:

*edit* ok it's deffo not the link!! i guess i'll have to wait till those bastards yahoo get their act together:D

unless anyone know's any sites that i can host mp3's for free..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

I have a server. Email me the files and ill host them for you as long as they're not huge.

dara@humplifunker.com

FINALLY:)

here it is

to be honest i'm not sure of the quality, it sounds amazing when i listen back through the mbox but when i listen to it through something like windows media player the quality isn't as good:rolleyes: i think it sounds better through real player though:)

Anyway, let me know what you think! amplitube rocks!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Hmm, you can only stream it if you're not a member. Boo urns!

That said...that's fecking brilliant. Sounds great. You got some skill :D

• Advertisement

feylya wrote:
    Hmm, you can only stream it if you're not a member. Boo urns!

mmm, never knew that.. i would have thought it would have been the other way round
    feylya wrote:
    That said...that's fecking brilliant. Sounds great. You got some skill :D

:D thanks man

How much did that Mbox set you back? And I assume it's Pro Tools for XP?

mbox was 580.. but i got a discount because of special privelages that come with being a student... you're looking at about 650..

i have xp, i'm pretty sure it works on 2000 and *possibly* 98

Hmm, €580 eh? I could probably swing a student discount, what with being a student. What software do you get with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Yeah, sounds good!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

I love pro tools. I have a 002 and its sweet. The reason it sounds better through the mbox is that the the D/A converter in the mbox would be alot better then the one on your computer. You can set the mbox to be your default sound card if the 3rd party program supports it. You should look into getting guitar rig its alot better then Amplitube. Also reason is a great tool you can use with pro tools. You can rewired it into pro tools to set down to some drum track etc. Pro Tools it class if used properly. The power you have is mad.

D!ve^Bomb! wrote:
    FINALLY:)

here it is

to be honest i'm not sure of the quality, it sounds amazing when i listen back through the mbox but when i listen to it through something like windows media player the quality isn't as good:rolleyes: i think it sounds better through real player though:)

Anyway, let me know what you think! amplitube rocks!!

I have guitar rigs here and I really don't like it :eek: Dunno if it's my sound card or what.

There so many options with in. It takes time to get the right sound. What you play it back through shouldn't make a difference. What type of sound card have you got???

Creative Audigy. Not designed for recording as such but I used to be able to get a better tone with my zoom 505-2 than I can with Guitar Rigs, the microcube and whatever else I try...

I'd never use them if I was doing proper recording. Nothing beats micing up a real valve amp and cranking it up. But when just throwing some ideas down those programs are great...

They're really the only option for me at the moment. I'll see how I get on whenever I get the ME-50.

dabhoys wrote:
    I love pro tools. I have a 002 and its sweet. The reason it sounds better through the mbox is that the the D/A converter in the mbox would be alot better then the one on your computer. You can set the mbox to be your default sound card if the 3rd party program supports it. You should look into getting guitar rig its alot better then Amplitube. Also reason is a great tool you can use with pro tools. You can rewired it into pro tools to set down to some drum track etc. Pro Tools it class if used properly. The power you have is mad.
    yeah i thought about gettin the 002 but i just don't need that many inputs at the moment and i wouldn't get the full use out of it!

i'm not sure about guitar rig, i think i'm happy enought with amplitube at the moment:)

Advertisement