Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Good Advice

Options
  • 27-03-2015 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I am new here and hoping to find some help and advice.
    Not sure which forum to post in yet but here is a bit of background info.I am South African with a British partner living in SA. We plan to get married soon and we are considering moving to Ireland. My partner is a Toolmaker and will be searching for a job. Can anyone tell us if his chances of finding employment in Ireland in his trade is good? We are also not sure what area to live in, all dependent on where is his best chances to find work. At the moment we are quite lost in all the research on all the requirements of entering Ireland, cost of living, etc., so any advise will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'd suggest the engineering forum regarding the demand for toolmakers:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=431

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Saffrican

Thank you! I will get him onto that right away

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Why ye picking Ireland?Connections family etc?
    Might be easier get into the uk

We are also looking at UK. But their immigration rules regarding non EEA partners/spouses have become very difficult, unless you are financially well off. We started looking at Ireland in order to follow the Surinder Singh route into the UK, but we are quite happy to just stay and make Ireland our home if we can find work and survive there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The Moving Abroad forum does also accommodate those who move to Ireland:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=213

• Advertisement

I'll check that too, thank you again!

Advertisement