Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Nuvi 1440 frozen

Options
  • 10-04-2014 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

I've a Garmin Nuvi 1440. Turned on this morning and the Garmin intro page came on and then nothing more. Have tried to reset it by holding my finger in the corner while turning on but no joy. Plugged it into the laptop and its not recognised. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is it the bottom right corner you are holding down?
    Keep this pressed untill it boots up..
    Is it possible to remove the battery on that device?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

gave up holding it after a minute. Can't removwe battery, at least not obviously. Looks like a repair job :mad: Any ideas how much that costs?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Probably more than its worth.
    I would leave it disconnected untill the battery dies compleatly & then rechage & try start up again.

Yeah, that's my last resort

My last resort did no good. Got onto Garmin support in the UK. They tried hard and soft resets and then offered me a part-exchange for another 1440. Seemed as though they weren't wholly surprised. Seeing as they're now obsolete and I've had problems with the first one I'm mulling it over. Have I just been unlucky?

• Advertisement
Advertisement