Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cherrywood Luas stop

Options
  • 13-06-2013 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'll be getting the luas to here for the first time soon, then getting a bus from Wyattville Road (Druid Valley Stop 5046). From looking on the satellite map though it appear that the luas line is above the road, and I can't seem to see a way down from the stop onto the road. Silly question, but is there a lift/staricase akin the the dundrum stop that I am too blind to see? Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,160 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

No there's a walkway from one end of platform towards the apartment blocks, head towards the roundabout there and you'll see what is I assume the bus stop you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 travelgirl85

Mushy wrote: »
    No there's a walkway from one end of platform towards the apartment blocks, head towards the roundabout there and you'll see what is I assume the bus stop you're looking for.

would that be the same for Bride's Glen as well? It looks easier to reach the bus stop from it has cherrywood would mean crossing the dual carriageway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,160 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

would that be the same for Bride's Glen as well? It looks easier to reach the bus stop from it has cherrywood would mean crossing the dual carriageway.

Its much of a muchness. The carriageway is easy to cross though. Brides Glen is just the opposite side of the luas bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

5046 is Brides Glen side and 5047 Cherrywood side. I would avoid crossing the road to be honest.

it is pretty straightforward when you arrive as to which way to walk.

Which bus are you getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Bus stop to Bridge Glen walk
    http://goo.gl/maps/clKWK

Bus stop to Cherrywood
    http://goo.gl/maps/zNFrD , turn left at B and walk up pathway to Luas

5046 is the main stop for drop off, the 7 does not drop off to 5047 but does start from here, the 84 does as far as I'm aware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Conway635

Just be aware if you are going for the 84/84A:

Outbound (towards Bray/Greystones/Newcastle) stop only at the stop on the south side of the road (outside Dell).

Inbound (towards Blackrock) stop only at the stop on the north side (the Tullyvale side)

C635

• Registered Users Posts: 4 travelgirl85

Conway635 wrote: »

Outbound (towards Bray/Greystones/Newcastle) stop only at the stop on the south side of the road (outside Dell).

Inbound (towards Blackrock) stop only at the stop on the north side (the Tullyvale side)

C635

Thanks for your help everyone. Yeah it's the 84 I'd be getting, is stop 5046 the one outside Dell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭xper

Conway635 wrote: »

At least the 84 drivers seem to have stopped the craic of just skipping the little diversion up from the N11 when they felt like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Thanks for your help everyone. Yeah it's the 84 I'd be getting, is stop 5046 the one outside Dell?

Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭davidlacey

xper wrote: »
    At least the 84 drivers seem to have stopped the craic of just skipping the little diversion up from the N11 when they felt like it.

It was terrible planning though, the location of the station is not very convenient especially for an elderly person, another case of no forward planning....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Vic_08

davidlacey wrote: »
    It was terrible planning though, the location of the station is not very convenient especially for an elderly person, another case of no forward planning....

That terrible planning goes back to the decision to allow the Cherrywood development be built on the original railway alignment, the extension should have been built on that route across the old viaduct with a stop at the rear of the hospital and on to Shankill village.

Advertisement