Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hibernian FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Can't go now but will be screaming in pub somewhere hoping the Holy Grail can be found.

It's our CL final really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Huge game really. Hopefully the hunger is there after what happened last year. No fear, just tear into them from the starting whistle. I hope it's not for want of a ticket that your not going dude.

shezer wrote: »
    Huge game really. Hopefully the hunger is there after what happened last year. No fear, just tear into them from the starting whistle. I hope it's not for want of a ticket that your not going dude.

No it's not that. I'm just not broke. The timing is bad too. Moving house next week and then going to Ireland v England game and that's before stag on same weekend.

Know the pub I'm going to head to for game. Be good Craic.

I agree with all you say though. Once they try their hardest and show no fear that's all you can ask. 111 years is a hell of long time though for top 5 club not to have win their Domestic Trophy.

I would shed a few years if we win. I know 91 year old Hibs fan who has been at every final since 48(think that was year open for correction).

Don't think anyone would begrudge us it but you have to play and fight for it too.

Celtic ain't going show no remorse and why should they. Once we play to our best hopefully the rest will fall into place.

We are huge underdogs but hopefully we pull of the games of games and players would rather die then lose.

Fingers crossed.

Yeah.I think we have peaked now at the end of the season.Hopefully they are tired.I'd settle for a good battle

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I would shed a few years if we win.

I would too!! :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

To be honest I am hoping we just dont get cuffed. It is not a great Celtic team, and we can compete with them if every player is at their best, but to get an actual result we will need some good fortune and a good number of celtic players to have a serious off day (which is of course possible). I have a feeling that Lennon will have them properly motivated for this one though.

Interesting to see if McPake plays in the final, I hope Fenlon doesn't risk him he is clearly not been fit for some time.

Camac Hibs wrote: »
    To be honest I am hoping we just dont get cuffed. It is not a great Celtic team, and we can compete with them if every player is at their best, but to get an actual result we will need some good fortune and a good number of celtic players to have a serious off day (which is of course possible). I have a feeling that Lennon will have them properly motivated for this one though.

Interesting to see if McPake plays in the final, I hope Fenlon doesn't risk him he is clearly not been fit for some time.

It's kinda my worry too about Celtic.

Hopefully the Celtic Chef is Hibs fan or something ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

It's kinda my worry too about Celtic.

Hopefully the Crltic Cheif is Hibs fan or something ;-)

Neil-Lennon-Celtic-Ranger-007.jpg

:pac:

Dempsey wrote: »
    Neil-Lennon-Celtic-Ranger-007.jpg

:pac:

You're quick tonight. I need to proof read more often haha..

Fingers are too big for this god dam iPod ;-)

You're quick tonight. I need to proof read more often haha..

Fingers are too big for this god dam iPod ;-)

That picture wasnt for the spelling mistakes! :pac:

• Advertisement

He looks like the chef got to him already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

He looks like the chef got to him already

looks like hes been on the gargle for a month in that pic

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

looks like hes been on the gargle for a month in that pic

A dodgy refereeing decision has the raised eyebrows I'd say. No wonder he has so many worry lines! :pac:

Well it was weeks. Now down to days.

This time next week we will have tears in our eyes from either joy or despair. Let's hope it's former for change.

Well it was weeks. Now down to days.

This time next week we will have tears in our eyes from either joy or despair. Let's hope it's former for change.

I'm starting to lose sleep. Days have replaced months. Blink and it'll be hours. A cup win and I may not be returning home next sunday night. I may be sleeping in a bin. A phone call to the missus about the new hibernian tattoo i got on my face....:D who knows

I'm starting to lose sleep. Days have replaced months. Blink and it'll be hours. A cup win and I may not be returning home next sunday night. I may be sleeping in a bin. A phone call to the missus about the new hibernian tattoo i got on my face....:D who knows

I might be joining you on tattoo front haha

i think you both should get them regardless of score

SNN0719TAT_280_1038925a.jpg

Fortune favors the bold :D

Dempsey wrote: »
    SNN0719TAT_280_1038925a.jpg

Fortune favors the bold :D

The Langer

976734_653367728023342_471582829_o.jpg

• Advertisement

976734_653367728023342_471582829_o.jpg

Love that flag lad!!

Love it!!

3 days till **** gets real

GGTTH!!

Just over 24 hours to go.

Tick tock.

Please if there is a God let us win this once. Just once!! That's all I ask.

Going for beers tonight for stag so want to be well fresh tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Trying not to be hopeful for tomorrow, but damn it!

Nearly finished work for the day, will have a couple of pints tonight then it's the Ryanair red eye tomorrow to Edinburgh. If we win this I might just miss my flight back on Monday!

GGTTH.

Actually can't sleep. Only got to bed at 4am but all I can think about is this game.

I know we are huge underdogs but there is that little bit of hope that we might just win this.

Going to be long day.

We were poor today.

While last year was 100 times worse I felt the players yet again left themselves down.

Not to be. People are already calling for Fenlons head need to get a bit of reality in. We have made progress under him. We took over a team in relegation zone and got us to 2 cup finals.

He surely has to get more time. Willing to give him 2 more years. He has earned that.

blaming fenlon is the worst thing ye could do imo.

patience is required

Forgot to mention the terrific support we had today till the very end.

Louder and more passionate then the team that won.
    Proud to be a Hibee!!

We were poor today.

While last year was 100 times worse I felt the players yet again left themselves down.

Not to be. People are already calling for Fenlons head need to get a bit of reality in. We have made progress under him. We took over a team in relegation zone and got us to 2 cup finals.

He surely has to get more time. Willing to give him 2 more years. He has earned that.

I dont think many people are calling for Fenlon's head, we were singing his name at the end. It pretty much went to script today but I cant remember coming out of a cup final loss feeling more positive.

Camac Hibs wrote: »
    I dont think many people are calling for Fenlon's head, we were singing his name at the end. It pretty much went to script today but I cant remember coming out of a cup final loss feeling more positive.

Well I'm thrilled to hear that.

You know I kinda feel the same.

I guess few hours of me thinking it through but it's still not been bad season.

Still lot of good lads coming through and club is healthy.

Push for Top 6 next season is must though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

We lost to a better side end of story,if Doyle had scored in the first minute it may have been a different game but it wasn't to be,proud of the support today the vast majority stayed til the end,as for Fenlon anybody calling for his head knows fcuk all about football,you dont make a silk purse out of a pigs ear overnight,it will take time but we are heading in the right direction.In Pat we trust GGTTH.

1967 wrote: »
    We lost to a better side end of story,if Doyle had scored in the first minute it may have been a different game but it wasn't to be,proud of the support today the vast majority stayed til the end,as for Fenlon anybody calling for his head knows fcuk all about football,you dont make a silk purse out of a pigs ear overnight,it will take time but we are heading in the right direction.In Pat we trust GGTTH.

It was hard to tell who won at the end if you looked at both sets of supporters.

Hibs fans have become less and less tolerant of each further disappointment in recent years but something has certainly changed for the positive at the club this year - I have not seen a hibs support respond like that to a losing cup final.

We were rubbish yesterday but to beat Celtic we need all our best players fit and on form, our dodgiest players to step up a level, key celtic players to have an off day, and a bit of luck. None of these things happened.

We badly need an attacking midfielder - too much responsibility heaped on Claros by other players to make the killer pass, he is not that type of player and needs a link forward, particularly if Griffiths is unable to drop back for the ball, like yesterday.

I am already looking forward to next season. We have some great young players coming through, the makings of a fantastic midfield and Fenlon is starting to move beyond damage limitation and actually play some football. I also have no doubt we will be back at Hampden next year :)

I was so proud belting out Allez allez allez au with 10 mins to go. Passionate.

Beaten by the better and stronger team. Stokes was very strong.

We are better now than this time last year. Fenlon has done a good job. Roll on Europe lads. Hopefully we get drawn for Derry so none of us have to leave the Island.

I'm just glad Fenlon is not coming in for fault too much in this.

Yesterday was not our day but it's still much better then last year.

Fenlon needs time. It's not as if things were flying high when he took over. He saved club from relegation. Don't forget that,

there is no fault when you're losing to the BIG DAWGS

Sky reporting McGivern set for a 2 year deal. He wasnt great at the weekend but id be more than happy with this if true

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11792/8740475?

• Advertisement

He was never good enough for Man City.(Just seen he was a youth there) They must have seen something in him.....lets hope we see that something.

New Jersey being brought out Friday by Nike.

Let's hope they make an effort.

Looking forward to the seeing the new kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭eire4

New Jersey being brought out Friday by Nike.

Let's hope they make an effort.

Sorry to hear your lads are moving to Nike. Expect crap quality compared to what you had with Puma.

eire4 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear your lads are moving to Nike. Expect crap quality compared to what you had with Puma.

Have always hated our yellow jerseys.

Our White away kits have been plain but very nice.

If go to yellow with Nike god knows how it will end.

• Advertisement

Have always hated our yellow jerseys.

Our White away kits have been plain but very nice.

If go to yellow with Nike god knows how it will end.

haha think "council worker hi-vis"

haha think "council worker hi-vis"

mGiJ3ApsrfYvVT9KfiRjg1g.jpg

To my great shame I had this

mGiJ3ApsrfYvVT9KfiRjg1g.jpg

To my great shame I had this

It's class.Fair play to ya :D

i dont actually think its bad.. that crest was aweful though