Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the landlord agree ???

Options
  • 20-12-2012 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Just looking for a bit of advice on what you guys think,

I know a guy that is living in a lovely 2 bed apartment in a lovely area & the rent isn't to bad, The guy is moving out at the end of January & said he will mention it to the landlord that I'll move straight in.

Would the landlord agree as he will not have to advertise the property for rent etc & we are willing to move in straight away.?

Cheers
    Sullydublin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

If the current tenant has been a good tenant, I'd say the LL would be thrilled to get a recommendation and save on reletting hassle. Be warned though, he might charge higher rent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Hold on there and I'll ask him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Yeah, he said that'd be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sullydublin

If the current tenant has been a good tenant, I'd say the LL would be thrilled to get a recommendation and save on reletting hassle. Be warned though, he might charge higher rent.

The current tenant is no hassle at all, Myself would be the same but i'm only going to take it if the rent is the same as i will be saving him money by moving in straight away & the property won't be lying idol.

Everything is negotiable isn't it ?

Hold on there and I'll ask him.
    Yeah, he said that'd be grand.

this is the same place in Malahide then ?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

The current tenant is no hassle at all, Myself would be the same but i'm only going to take it if the rent is the same as i will be saving him money by moving in straight away & the property won't be lying idol.

Everything is negotiable isn't it ?

Depending on where abouts it is the landlord might not have any trouble finding a tenant himself, even at slightly higher rent than he is getting now. There seems to be a shortage of rental properties in some parts of Dublin at the moment.

But by all means try your luck and see what he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

djimi wrote: »

Depending on where abouts it is the landlord might not have any trouble finding a tenant himself, even at slightly higher rent than he is getting now. There seems to be a shortage of rental properties in some parts of Dublin at the moment.

But by all means try your luck and see what he says.

Sounds like an easy plan! Maybe you could sweeten it for the lL by suggesting you could both work out a mixing in/ out schedule amongst yourselves after he's signed off on their deposit & that he won't have to take evenings off to show the place! ( nightmare & mega time consuming)! You could suggest forwarding LL references & work/ bank reference to the LL so that he'll have the reassurances he would need in advance! Sounds like an great plan that could work!

( ps - advertising is free on daft! )

Sounds like an easy plan! Maybe you could sweeten it for the lL by suggesting you could both work out a mixing in/ out schedule amongst yourselves after he's signed off on their deposit & that he won't have to take evenings off to show the place! ( nightmare & mega time consuming)! You could suggest forwarding LL references & work/ bank reference to the LL so that he'll have the reassurances he would need in advance! Sounds like an great plan that could work!

( ps - advertising is free on daft! )

Thats sound advice the landlord doesn't know the other guy is leaving just yet, So hopefully the fact we are willing to move straight away & fingers crossed they have no one on a waiting list etc for it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

MagicMarker- if you want to play the fool- take it to After Hours or elsewhere. This is *not* an appropriate venue.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Luca Brasi

Thers only one way to find out. Get in contact with the landlord. If you can spare him/her the hassle of advertising etc I'm sure it will work out.

• Advertisement

Luca Brasi wrote: »
    Thers only one way to find out. Get in contact with the landlord. If you can spare him/her the hassle of advertising etc I'm sure it will work out.

I am just waiting on the guy to let the landlord know that he will not be renewing his lease.

All looking good, IKEA on the cards for the other half :)

Advertisement