Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5 Minutes On Main St

• 08-05-2015 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭

Imagine the ZA has kicked off, and you hop into your vehicle and you are driving thru your hometown (for whatever reason), and you reach Main St. For whatever other reason, you have only 5 mins before you have to leave town.

Which shop / premises do you visit and why?

For the purpose of this mind game, imagine all the usual high-st stores are present, their doors are unlocked, and all buildings are unoccupied. You have only 5 mins to fill your boots, and you can only go into 1 building. Do you go into Tesco? A hardware shop? Local pharmacy? Garage? Tell us which one, and why ....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

main street here sucks for decent shops, clothes boutique, sweet shop, deli/cafe, chinese takeaway and a pizza place oh and a gym

Probably the chinese takeaway, their food is only gorgeous plus they have sharp stabby things and proper food and drink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Never mind the shops, they'll be more trouble than their worth. Find a local factory, preferably an engineering place and just hold up there. You'll probably have to befriend or defend from the actual owners but once your inside and willing to be ruthless it will be hard to be moved. You'll have access to machinery that can be used to make cool weapons, you'll probably have a canteen, a backup generator, medical supplies and a building with few access points, often only two, a large roller door and a standard access door. You'll usually be just outside a town, so away from any mayhem without being miles out of the way and in an inconspicuous building that won't look occupied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

Theres a sports shop that sells guns and bows and **** like that two minutes away from the main street so that would probably be my best bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Theres a hardware store near the end of the main street in Wexford, its about the best i can think of, but truth be told I'll probably head to the off license opposite it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

originally I was thinking how good Tesco was, as it has food, clothes, garden stuff, batteries, first aid, etc . In fact, the thread / question was inspired by a traditional Saturday weekly shop ...

Lidl / Aldi are pretty good too (for same reason I picked Tesco), as well as the chance of getting a generator or axe or power tools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Lidl / Aldi are pretty good too (for same reason I picked Tesco), as well as the chance of getting a generator or axe or power tools.
    Lidl and Aldi could be hit or miss though, one week could be zombie survival gear the next skiing gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

ScumLord wrote: »
    Lidl and Aldi could be hit or miss though, one week could be zombie survival gear the next skiing gear.

Anything is Zombie Survival gear if you can swing it hard enough.

Advertisement