Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nicolas Roche Classic - Tayto Park 19/10/13

Options
  • 03-09-2013 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭

Missed this one last year due to work.
    Apparently an enjoyable and well run event?
    Will hopefully make it this time.

http://nicolasrocheclassic.com/

CPL 593H

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Nico said in his diary today that Roman Kreuziger will be riding this as well with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭AnotherView

Good value ....two future GT contenders for the price of one

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I may well do this. It's the attraction of Tayto park.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭cityman 18

Ya this one looks pretty good. Anyone do this last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,213 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Yep I did it last year.. The weather was like today, cold and sunny. The only issue on the day was the lead car going the wrong way! But once we got back onto the right road, it's was fine after that. Good event, I'd recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

So what's the gillet like?

The site says the family one is 9km but 12km when you go to book it. I'm guessing it's the 9km in the route map.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Nothing better than combining cycling with crisps for kids :rolleyes: #it's_pete's_fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Welshkev

Went to register for this, and it's €45 to enter? I know it's for charity, but that's pretty steep!

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Went to register for this, and it's €45 to enter? I know it's for charity, but that's pretty steep!

I think 45 quid is pretty reasonable myself given that (a) it's for charity, and (b) you get to ride with Nico and possibly Roman as well.

The "Cycle for Life" last May (With Dan Martin) was €80!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Sure even a local GAA one is generally 20-30e. If you think it is too steep then don't enter. Heard very good reports about it last year.

07Lapierre wrote: »
    The "Cycle for Life" last May (With Dan Martin) was €80!
    That was sponsorship though. I did that too and really enjoyed it.
    Not moaning, just thought it was quite expensive. I'll prob still do it!

That was sponsorship though. I did that too and really enjoyed it.
    Not moaning, just thought it was quite expensive. I'll prob still do it!

Yep I did it too and was OK paying that amount. the only point i was making is that there are events out there that cost more than €45 to enter.

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Yep I did it too and was OK paying that amount. the only point i was making is that there are events out there that cost more than €45 to enter.
    Just because there's more expensive one's out there, doesn't neccessarily make it cheap. My wife, who's just started cycling, wanted to do it but the €45 has put her off a bit.
    Anyway, hope everyone enjoy's it and the weather's decent!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Well if you're into reasonably priced sportives in the Meath area there's one leaving Duleek on Sunday @ 10.30 for E20. :D

SUNDAY 6th OCTOBER 2013
    at 10.30am
    from Duleek GAA Grounds,
    Navan Road, Duleek
    Organised by THE Parish Committee in association with DROGHEDA WHEELERS.
    SAFETY HELMETS COMPULSORY FOR EVERY PARTICIPANT.
    For Information Contact Andrew: 086-8281813
    80 KMS CHARITY CYCLE:
    Duleek GAA Grounds, Curtis Cross, Balrath, Bective,
    Trim, Summerhill, Dunsany, Skryne.
    Finishing at the GAA Grounds in Duleek
    Refreshments afterwards.
    Contribution - £20 MINIMUM PER PARTICIPANT

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Consey

Does the family entry include entry to Tayto Park thereafter and a packet of Hunky Dorys ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Marou

The map for the 90km ride doesn't seem to be correct on the website. It's only showing 83km. Anyone have the correct version?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭borntobike

That event was only 83-84km last year although advertised as 90km.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

My first ever sportive, I can't wait :)

borntobike wrote: »
    That event was only 83-84km last year although advertised as 90km.

It says on the website "The cycle is exactly 92.7 Km on quiet rolling roads" but yet the map only says 83.63km? It's no big deal really, was just wondering.

• Advertisement

Marou wrote: »
    It says on the website "The cycle is exactly 92.7 Km on quiet rolling roads" but yet the map only says 83.63km? It's no big deal really, was just wondering.

92.1 Actually! :)

http://www.strava.com/activities/24270643

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Marou wrote: »

It is a big deal if you open your sprint up at 83.62kms only to discover that you're 9kms out from the finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Fathead

Just signed up. Judging by my number there's approx 150 gilets left of the 750.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Kerrangatang92

Hi there. Are the gillets free if you book early? if so, when you are signing up do you pick the 90km 30 euro option, or the 90km 45euro option. Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭red man walking

I signed up a couple of weeks ago but didn't get asked about the gilet, what number are you Fathead

The PDF file i got with my number shows 1570, on the website it says the numbers start as 1001. Quick bit of maths and it appears i'm signed up as number 569. So i'm presuming i'm in the 750 cut off....

Hi there. Are the gillets free if you book early? if so, when you are signing up do you pick the 90km 30 euro option, or the 90km 45euro option. Thanks for the help.

Only noticed this now. Looks like a free Gillet costs €15 :rolleyes:

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    It is a big deal if you open your sprint up at 83.62kms only to discover that you're 9kms out from the finish!

Yeah, that would be an issue if I had a sprint to open up! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

\o/ I'm off on Saturday and have signed up, without gilet.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tec Diver

I signed up, €45 but don't remember being asked about sizes etc. Looking forward to it. Will be cycling to/from, so will be getting close to the 100k for the day. Hope the weather is ok!

Advertisement