Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 MOD POST #1130

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

It would be good if we could sign a left-back who was very attack minded, like a wing back more so, to offer a contrasting style to Enrique and also possibly to add cover to the Winger position.

Someone like N'Zogbia (not suggesting N'Zogbia but just someone like him). Celtic have a decent left-wing back don't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

6979605480_ac58031e69_o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So, Manager aside.... what players do we want to see coming to us this summer?

Elm seems to be playing the wait and see card...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Rewind a couple of years people were saying the same about pacekho thinking he was the next great thing yet 3 managers thought differently and hasn't set the world alight yet .
    Fact is managers see these people day in day out they are far better judges than those of us at home looking in from the outside

Sterling added a huge amount of pace and threat every time he was introduced yet Kenny stuck with non-wingers such as Kuyt, Maxi and Henderson in that position where play was slow and predictable.

Suso in the reserves has been a class act. His vision, pass accuracy and long range shooting is very impressive and deserved at least a run out.

Comparisons with Pacheco are wide of the mark as he was average at best playing for the reserves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

aaronh007 wrote: »
    He already has become 'relaxed' imo. A serious drop in performance level after January in comparison to the first few months of the season.

Yup. He started to struggle after, I think it was when he faced Valencia, who ran rings around him. From then on he was poor enough.

His random shooting its also incredibly infuriating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Vicxas wrote: »

The one position we've needed sorting since pre-Beintez imo is RW

Ideally I'd love to see us sign Adam Johnson - I think with proper game time he'd flourish, but I doubt we'll (a) go for him (b) even if we went for him, we probably wouldn't get him due to City trying to make a buck back considering how much they've spent and also there's the wages to think of.

We need an out and out winger on the right to cause problems - If Lucas is fit, then put Johnson and another attack minded player on that side and let the cause wreck - if they're caught out on the counter, have Lucas attempt to mop it up - that's idealistic thinking but it's clear to see that Liverpool, for years, have been devoid of wingers.

As poor a season as Downing has had, I still like that we signed him as a winger and I'm hoping he'll pick it up next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

2 straight into the first team players (CM/AM, RM)
    2 first team back up (CM/DM, ST)
    1 first team back up (LB)

Spearing, Downing, Henderson, Shelvey all as backup with Sterling coming up from the reserves.

Carroll and this new striker fighting for the position. Provided Carroll continues his run of form/confidence.

Carroll finished the season on 4 league goals. The only competition where he actually showed good form in front of goal was in the FA cup.

We can gamble on Carroll suddenly becoming prolific in the league, or we can gamble on bringing in a proven finisher and let Carroll be the back up/competition.

Suarez often gets criticized for his conversion rate and for his own goal tallies, but he managed almost triple Carroll's league total in terms of goals and has a far superior golas to games ration in both domestic cups.

Carroll's workrate did improve towards the end of the season and he was excellent when he came on as a sub in the FA cup final and he was excellent in the final home game of the season, but his goals to games has been poor when the season is looked at as a whole, and in the league his goals to games or goals to minutes played has been woeful.

Would be folly to not bring in a quality striker this summer to lead the attack, regardless of how much money was spent on Carroll.

PaulieC wrote: »
    The one position we've needed sorting since pre-Beintez imo is RW

Ideally I'd love to see us sign Adam Johnson - I think with proper game time he'd flourish, but I doubt we'll (a) go for him (b) even if we went for him, we probably wouldn't get him due to City trying to make a buck back considering how much they've spent and also there's the wages to think of.

We need an out and out winger on the right to cause problems - If Lucas is fit, then put Johnson and another attack minded player on that side and let the cause wreck - if they're caught out on the counter, have Lucas attempt to mop it up - that's idealistic thinking but it's clear to see that Liverpool, for years, have been devoid of wingers.

As poor a season as Downing has had, I still like that we signed him as a winger and I'm hoping he'll pick it up next season.

Yeah, I like Johnson a lot too. The one good thing about having such a lousy season in the league is the fact that Liverpool are no longer seen as a threat to City and can now avail of their cast offs...

Kess73 wrote: »
    Carroll finished the season on 4 league goals. The only competition where he actually showed good form in front of goal was in the FA cup.

We can gamble on Carroll suddenly becoming prolific in the league, or we can gamble on bringing in a proven finisher and let Carroll be the back up/competition.

Suarez often gets criticized for his conversion rate and for his own goal tallies, but he managed almost triple Carroll's league total in terms of goals and has a far superior golas to games ration in both domestic cups.

Carroll's workrate did improve towards the end of the season and he was excellent when he came on as a sub in the FA cup final and he was excellent in the final home game of the season, but his goals to games has been poor when the season is looked at as a whole, and in the league his goals to games or goals to minutes played has been woeful.

Would be folly to not bring in a quality striker this summer to lead the attack, regardless of how much money was spent on Carroll.

Completely agree.

Plus we have enough games to continue Carroll's development if we use him in League Cup, Europa League and FA Cup matches/ as backup and a different option.

• Advertisement

telekon wrote: »
    Yeah, I like Johnson a lot too. The one good thing about having such a lousy season in the league is the fact that Liverpool are no longer seen as a threat to City and can now avail of their cast offs...

Good point, maybe City won't mind losing Johnson to us. He'd be a very good signing I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Morzadec wrote: »
    It would be good if we could sign a left-back who was very attack minded, like a wing back more so, to offer a contrasting style to Enrique and also possibly to add cover to the Winger position.

Someone like N'Zogbia (not suggesting N'Zogbia but just someone like him). Celtic have a decent left-wing back don't they?

Some of the lads on The Anfield Wrap were actually saying they don't even think Downing is a winger. They think he's actually a left back.

We're a team in transition though - City were buying players like Santa Cruz, Adebayor, Bridge etc. in order to get them into the top 4 and from there pushed on in signing players of a higher quality again.

We need to do something similar, however, over a longer period of time obviously due to financial constraints.

I'd have no problem viewing Liverpool as being in the doldrums and signing players who're not getting game time with a team that boasts players such as Silva, Nasri, Aguero etc.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Some of the lads on The Anfield Wrap were actually saying they don't even think Downing is a winger. They think he's actually a left back.

As in, left back at Melwood.
    har har har!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Sterling added a huge amount of pace and threat every time he was introduced yet Kenny stuck with non-wingers such as Kuyt, Maxi and Henderson in that position where play was slow and predictable.

Suso in the reserves has been a class act. His vision, pass accuracy and long range shooting is very impressive and deserved at least a run out.

Comparisons with Pacheco are wide of the mark as he was average at best playing for the reserves.

lol, how times have changed.

Wide of the mark in what you're saying about Pacheco tbh

I was one of the posters constantly calling for him to be given a shot based on what I was seeing at reserve level.

He was quite brilliant at times, very skillful, great passer and had a knack for making very nice inside passes in the final third.

The only excuse that could be made for Suso when comparing his path with Pacheco is that potentially, Suso is playing for a reserve team at Liverpool which has a higher level of players - the reserve team now is young and still quite strong. But that's about it.

It's worth noting that Pacheco was getting his game for Norwich when playing in the championship on loan - and we all know how well they did this season.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »

Would not be overly keen on Elm tbh. He has talent but I don't think he is an awful lot better than some who are already at the club.

I would love to see a pretty clinical finisher who has a lot of other attributes to his game come in. I think the likes of Cavani, amazing player that he is, would not be realistic targets though, but I do think that the likes of Welliton might be gettable and that style of striker could be lethal in the EPL if he settled as he can play in some many formations with ease.

Would love to see some quality come in for at least one of the wide positions as well. Given that Junior Hoilett's contract with Blackburn expires next month, it would seem a no brainer to try for him. Genuine pace, can finish, and looks to have plenty of potential to get better (and more consistent) as he gets older.

Then we come to the midfield. I think we need two players to come in here. One that is good enough to play alongside Lucas and complementing his play whilst also being good enough to replace Lucas should the Brazilian get injured again. M'Vila is an obvious wishlist player as he can do everything Lucas can do and more, but I have a feeling that he may be Arsenal bound this summer ( I hope not as he would provide them with serious steel in the centre as well as enhancing their midfield in general) so the likes of Moussa Sissoko would be my cheaper option as he can play in the CDM role, can play in the traditional CM role and is decent in attack as well. Tall, quick, strong, with bags of stamina, and is a pretty good passer of the ball as well. If people imagine Momo Sissoko but with far superior ball skills and control, then they would be heading in the right direction for knowing what kind of player Moussa Sissoko is.

For the CM/AM/CAM role I would love to see Belhanda arrive. Huge potential and already a very good player. Excellent passer, good with both feet, can play on the wing as well as being excellent in the centre, decent tackler, hard worker, and seems to be able to react time after time to tough games by just forcing himself up a level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

GK: Reina (Doni)
    LB: Jose Enrique (new signing)
    CB: Agger (Coates)
    CB: Skrtel (Carragher)
    RB: Johnson (Kelly)
    CM: Gerrard (Shelvey) (Adam)
    CM: Lucas (Spearing)
    CM: New Signing (Henderson)
    LW: Suarez (Bellamy)
    CF: New Signing (Carroll)
    RW: New signing (Downing)

That'd be more what i'd look for.

Still, with one addition I think we could easily challenge for top 4 next year and that would be a proper reliable striker. It doesn't even need to be Falcao or Cavani - nothing other than an extra 15 goals would probably keep us in the race for top 4.
    Anything in addition to that would be a massive bonus.

If the probably unfounded rumours of a 30m budget are true i'd rather spend 20-25 on a striker and try to get the rest on free transfers or peanuts.
    I'd rather we really fix one position than make small incremental gains in several.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

thebullkf wrote: »
    AVB to be new manager by tomorrow/Wednesday :confused:

I think people are jumping to conclusions because they don't know who else is being looked at, and the likes of Klopp and de Boer ruled themselves out, and Rogers wont do an interview.

Don't be surprised if FSG have a few left-field candidates in mind. The likes of Favre at Monchengladbach for example.

PaulieC wrote: »
    Wide of the mark in what you're saying about Pacheco tbh

I was one of the posters constantly calling for him to be given a shot based on what I was seeing at reserve level.

He was quite brilliant at times, very skillful, great passer and had a knack for making very nice inside passes in the final third.

The only excuse that could be made for Suso when comparing his path with Pacheco is that potentially, Suso is playing for a reserve team at Liverpool which has a higher level of players - the reserve team now is young and still quite strong. But that's about it.

It's worth noting that Pacheco was getting his game for Norwich when playing in the championship on loan - and we all know how well they did this season.

Sorry but the massive potential that Pacheco showed at the U-19s European Championships just didn't reflect in his performances for the reserves in the matches I had seen. It was very disappointing. He didn't exactly light the championship on fire for Norwich either, didn't exactly break into the first team. He was mostly used as a sub from what I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

would anyone here be happy to take torres back , after he came out and said hes unhappy at chelsea , or would ye say **** him for making the choice on being loved by thousands for a champions league medal ?

• Advertisement

would anyone here be happy to take torres back , after he came out and said hes unhappy at chelsea , or would ye say **** him for making the choice on being loved by thousands for a champions league medal ?

I would take Torres c.2007 back in a shot...but not this impostor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

At least Torres knows he didn't earn that CL medal.

Grayditch wrote: »
    At least Torres knows he didn't earn that CL medal.

Harsh. His goal that killed off Barcelona says different...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I'd be happy for him to return, but I really doubt it will happen. Even if Benitez got the manager's job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Harsh. His goal that killed off Barcelona says different...

I think they would have held on, but yeah, I guess that was an important enough goal. 50m and he didn't do much else, though. Some balls on him saying he's unhappy so soon after the CL win, but I do wish him the best at whatever club he ends up with, if he moves.

I'd take Torres back in a heartbeat - give him enough game time to get his head sorted and he'd be banging in the goals - You'd love to know what his tally for the season would have been were he playing for LFC this season....

Ah well, pie in the sky and all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

G.K. wrote: »
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    Provided Lucas is fully fit come August, it's not a position that needs too much attention imo.

Other areas of the pitch are ahead of it in terms of priority.

And what happens if Lucas gets injured again? Back to the same problem...

In an ideal world we'd have top notch replacements for every position like City.

An Alonso type player is needed, a playmaker who dictates the game but is sound doing some defensive duties too.

Criminally, we have yet to replace Alonso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,536 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Torres ...why take him back after how he treated the club in January '11 and what he said about club?

I also believe he is damaged goods and not the same player he was when we had him (3 managers did not make him 1st choice) and that deadly pace he had is gone never to return.

Also, I think he may have been a sulking influence in the dressing room.

It's time to move forward and stop looking back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

a frontline of...

Gerrard
    Suarez
    Torres

would suit me just fine, but i don't see Torres coming.

i agree with Kess, we need a striker, it'd be foolish to rely on Carroll to come good goals-wise yet, seen as he's shown no signs of being prolific yet.

we need a winger. plenty in Ligue 1. Ait-Fana of Montpellier looks handy, but i really haven't set my expectations on anyone in terms of who we'll get in.

we need a CM or 2. one to adequately cover Lucas, and one to complement him better than Adam or Henderson do. Henderson can be decent cover across midfield for now, and we can take the pressure off him in the meantime. Adam can just go.

as i say though, we need to sort out the DoF and manager ASAP so we can get to bolstering the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

6979605480_ac58031e69_o.gif

Can't stop thinking of that Mars ad when I see this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I think we need to bring in a top quality CM and a top quality winger. Then whatever we have left to be spent on a striker. A freebie or two (Hoillet and Diame, for example) would also be nice to bolster our squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Sappy404 wrote: »
    I think people are jumping to conclusions because they don't know who else is being looked at, and the likes of Klopp and de Boer ruled themselves out, and Rogers wont do an interview.

Don't be surprised if FSG have a few left-field candidates in mind. The likes of Favre at Monchengladbach for example.

Unsure tbh, mate texted me late last night, same mate who texted about Suarez' punishment over the other fiasco- i poste it on the pool forum here and was smugly dismissed as an ITK by some { which actually deters me and prob. others from posting here } so i withdrew the commment- and lo and behold it was true- he actually said last night, it was only what he heard as opposed to a defo last time(suarez)

I like and rate AVB , surely FSG have someone almost in the bag...?
    hardly makes sense to get rid of one without replacement lined up:confused:

either way it'll be an exciting summer....!!:D

murpho999 wrote: »
    Torres ...why take him back after how he treated the club in January '11 and what he said about club?

I also believe he is damaged goods and not the same player he was when we had him (3 managers did not make him 1st choice) and that deadly pace he had is gone never to return.

Also, I think he may have been a sulking influence in the dressing room.

It's time to move forward and stop looking back.

In general his comments about the club and especially the city have been glowing.

During his last summer and last half season he said he was unhappy at the direction the club was going in, and by January he did not believe what the owners were telling him. How many on here came out and made comments about that summer and our time under Hodgson? I know I did. How many on here were not happy with how the club was doing at that time?

At the end of the day he was work for the club and what he was seeing did not match up to his ambition so he wanted out. How many on here would want to stay in a job they were unhappy in if they had an offer to go elsewhere?

i cant see carroll being nothing more than a impact player. we are missing a player you can count on tapping the ball in the net. it be a very interesting summer thats for sure. i hope whoever comes in sells downing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

i cant see carroll being nothing more than a impact player. we are missing a player you can count on tapping the ball in the net. it be a very interesting summer thats for sure. i hope whoever comes in sells downing

I think a new manager would find it difficult to sell Downing as things stand, he'd not fetch 2 mill at the minute and I don't think we are in a position to right off the investment.

Our best hope is that he makes 2 0r 3 awesome cameo appearances for England this summer and someone with more brains than sense offers us a decent stack of cash for him. I just cannot see who that would be though? Who has deep pockets and limited sense in terms of transfers ? Can we tempt Spurs if they sell Bale : ) ...I wish.

Lads, I got this.

We definitely need another striker in the summer. No doubt.

Hopefully Carroll keeps up his form next season though. If he plays consistently as well or almost as well as he played in the two matches against Chelsea he will be undroppable, regardless of whether he is scoring goals or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

A few on here have been touting Adam Johnson as a great addition, but I just don't see it ?

Any time I've seen him play he seems headless and if he wasn't English, there would be f*ck all hype around him.

We definitely need another striker in the summer. No doubt.

Hopefully Carroll keeps up his form next season though. If he plays consistently as well or almost as well as he played in the two matches against Chelsea he will be undroppable, regardless of whether he is scoring goals or not.

He was bought to be the club's main striker so there is no regardless of whether he scores goals or not. The bottom line is that he has to score goals on some kind of a regular basis if he is to stay long terms at the club.

If he doubled his goal tally for the league next season, that would only put him on 8 league goals. Tripling it would only put him on 12. He needs a massive improvement on his league form to warrant him being a starter next season.

Suarez got 11 league goals last season and six cup goals and he got a fair share of criticism for that. If Carroll is to be the club's number 9 and the main striker at the club, then he should be expected to do quite a bit better in goal terms than Suarez did this season, and far far batter than his own meager return from this season.

His 120 minutes of excellent play against Chelsea is not enough to assume he will come good next season. Think back to the last four to five weeks of the season before last. He turned in a performance against Man City that was on par with his performance against Chelsea and he looked to be putting in effort. So much so that most thought he would carry that form into the season just gone. Last season he was poor for most of the season and again looked to be improving towards the end of it, so I don't really have much confidence in him carrying that improvement into next season and more importantly turning that form into regular goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

We need more black players me thinks

Vanolder wrote: »
    A few on here have been touting Adam Johnson as a great addition, but I just don't see it ?

Any time I've seen him play he seems headless and if he wasn't English, there would be f*ck all hype around him.

adam johnson is an amazing player , himself and hoilett would be perfect for us , teams would have an awful time trying to stop us :D

He was bought to be the club's main striker so there is no regardless of whether he scores goals or not. The bottom line is that he has to score goals on some kind of a regular basis if he is to stay long terms at the club.

If he plays regularly to the best of his capabilities he can absolutely terrorise centre-backs. Suarez and our other attacking players will thrive on the extra space that creates. These are big ifs, of course.

I'm convinced he will score a lot more than last season, but it doesn't really matter to me who gets the goals as long as we score enough goals and win games.

adam johnson is an amazing player

No he isn't. He is a good player who we would probably need to pay ridiculous wages if he came here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

adam johnson is an amazing player , himself and hoilett would be perfect for us , teams would have an awful time trying to stop us :D

Our own team-mates would have an awful time trying to get the ball from Adam Johnson as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Adam Johnson is a overated british player
    we have enough of those

• Advertisement

Vanolder wrote: »

I think that Johnson is a good player, but I would prefer Hoilett over him. Hoilett would probably command a lower basic wage and at worst a similar signing on fee, but would not have any transfer fee. Plus Hoilett is three years younger (not that Johnson is old at 24) and for me has more potential.

I reckon that right now Hoilett would bring about the same level of quality but with more pace to the team, and would cost the club millions less to bring in.

I would guess that Johnson would go for, assuming City would even sell him, anything from £12m to £20m, so we would be saving that much money by not getting him and getting Hoilett instead. Basically the difference could be as much as one of our new CMs.

If he plays regularly to the best of his capabilities he can absolutely terrorise centre-backs. Suarez and our other attacking players will thrive on the extra space that creates. These are big ifs, of course.

I'm convinced he will score a lot more than last season, but it doesn't really matter to me who gets the goals as long as we score enough goals and win games.

Well if Carroll was not scoring goals, then we would still need to bring in a player who would be our main source of goals. Our attacking players from last season showed that they were not a collective goal threat so a non goal getting number 9 would be a waste of a team place imho.

Would you be happy to gamble on most of the same players that we had in attacking positions last season suddenly getting more goals to compensate for Carroll not scoring? I would not take that gamble myself.

We need a cutting edge up front, one that can score his own goals on a regular basis as well as creating space for others through defences trying to watch him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Squad I'd like to see for next season:

Reina (Doni)

Enrique (Robinson)
    Agger (Coates)
    Skrtel (Carragher, Wilson)
    Johnson (Kelly, Flanagan)

Lucas (Spearing)
    New Cm (Henderson, Adam)
    Gerrard (Shelvey)

New Winger (Downing, Sterling)
    Suarez (Kuyt, Bellamy)

New Striker (Carroll)

I think the main areas that need reinforcing are Central Midfield and on the wing. In both these positions I think we need to sign someone to come straight into the first 11 and significantly improve it. I'd be happy to see Aquilani given another chance with Adam being moved on but I don't see it happening.

I'd love to see us sign a quality striker as well, however, if we signed a quality winger I think we'd be able to cope up front with Carroll, Suarez, Kuyt and Bellamy to choose from. Though I do feel Suarez would be at his best playing behind an excellent striker.

A new left back would also be a good addition to the squad, though I think this is far down our list of priorities. Likewise a new cb, with Carragher being phased out (this is assuming Agger will be injured for at least two months of the season, a safe assumption unfortunately)

While I do like Maxi, I think his time at the club has almost certainly come to an end. I'll be happy to see Cole move on. Aurelio is also pretty much dead weight at this stage, I've always been a fan of his though, was a very good player in his prime.

If we signed Sissoko and Belhanda (just using them as examples), brought Aquilani back into the squad and sold Aurelio, Cole, Maxi and Adam I'd consider it a very good summer and would be confident of challenging for a top four place next season.

As far as the manager debate goes, I'd be happy to see Rafa or AVB appointed. I think the talk of Martinez is madness, though I do like him and would give him my full support were he appointed.

Would you be happy to gamble on most of the same players that we had in attacking positions last season suddenly getting more goals to compensate for Carroll not scoring? I would not take that gamble myself.

We need a cutting edge up front, one that can score his own goals on a regular basis as well as creating space for others through defences trying to watch him.

In my ideal world Kuyt, Maxi and Downing would be off in the summer, and Bellamy would have a reduced role as an impact player.
    I would then sign Hoillet and another wide-forward and I would also buy a striker.

If that striker is our main source of goals, then that's terrific. But I wouldn't break the bank for a striker because I think a strong centre midfielder and a quality wide player are more important at this time.

I think either way Suarez is going to be our main source of goals next season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement