Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

Bad news :(
    Apparently they are all water damaged to ****.
    nothing special bar one taito cab that was completely stripped.
    a few cocktail tables water damaged beyond repair and some sit down poker machines.again all split from water.
    a stack of 15 pcbs all piled up on top of each other ?no idea what they were assumed ****ed :(
    possibility of a few monitors

what a let down ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Awh no! We were being very optimistic in fairness

Well I need to buy something now so **** this I'm off to Jamma+

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

urbanledge wrote: »
    a few cocktail tables water damaged beyond repair and some sit down poker machines.again all split from water.
    a stack of 15 pcbs all piled up on top of each other ?no idea what they were assumed ****ed :(

what a let down ,

PCBs might be ok? you can wash them in a dishwasher cant you, so water might not affect them.. i dunno..

Cocktail table parts could be used, if any have decent legs id be interested (durty) as mine where rusted to bits. Would love a poker monitor with no burn too.

Did he take them anyways?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,821 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

what a let down ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

PCBs can be washed once they are dried correctly to prevent corrostion.
    I've a water damaged bomb jack, the board is fine but every leg on every chip is rusted :(

Ive no idea what he took,
    he said it looks like the place was a repair shop.
    So its a grave yard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,247 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

As mentioned, PCBs can be very hardy. As long as they're not powered up damp they're fine.

Shame about the water damge though. Them's the risk with woody cabs :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Awh no! We were being very optimistic in fairness

Well I need to buy something now so **** this I'm off to Jamma+
    haha thats the spirit :) Lets go buy sh1t to make up for it.

This could have made a very disappointing episode of Game Chasers...
    30 Cabs, but all rubbish...

Another cool find in Isreal Barn, one of Boards lads threw it link to this Otaku.

I think may have been Outrun Deluxe and Mini Cute founds some great finds at end of the video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

This is Ireland, waaaaay too many cute hoors out there for a genuine barn find..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

what a let down ,

what did you expect when he was selling so cheap and being super-secretive about what they were.

what did you expect when he was selling so cheap and being super-secretive about what they were.

I was thinking it might be 30 trons FE tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Have a look at the label on this cart, see along the bottom where it says Super Nintendo...is it just me or is that label very slanted as it goes along, with possibly some white edging showing? You need to hover over the image to zoom in - http://www.ebay.com/itm/EarthBound-Super-Nintendo-SNES-Game-Only-/171260544335?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item27dfec854f

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Myrddin wrote: »
    Have a look at the label on this cart, see along the bottom where it says Super Nintendo...is it just me or is that label very slanted as it goes along, with possibly some white edging showing? You need to hover over the image to zoom in - http://www.ebay.com/itm/EarthBound-Super-Nintendo-SNES-Game-Only-/171260544335?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item27dfec854f

That's inkjet ink printed on sticky standard A4 paper.

The ink quality doesn't look good enough to me for that cart to be genuine.

MrVestek wrote: »
    That's inkjet ink printed on sticky standard A4 paper.

The ink quality doesn't look good enough to me for that cart to be genuine.

Really? I wouldn't know just by the pics that the ink/paper is off...the orientation of the label though looks really off to me...

Really? I wouldn't know just by the pics that the ink/paper is off...the orientation of the label though looks really off to me...

Well I'm not an expert but that paper looks like **** to me.

Maybe it's just a really bad quality photo but considering how high resolution I can make out in regards to the details on the actual cart itself (which seems legit) in comparison to that the printing quality and the label look like crap.

I could of course be totally wrong. The alignment does look off to me too.

• Advertisement

I'd put money on it being a repo. If there's any doubt at all in your mind it's probably not worth the risk.

MrVestek wrote: »
    I'd put money on it being a repo. If there's any doubt at all in your mind it's probably not worth the risk.

The label being off would be enough for me to walk from that one. I'd bet it's a repro alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

There's a boxed Playstation in Enable Ireland on Capel Street, rings in at 20 and comes with a game, apparently. The box is a little battered. They've also a less noteworthy, phat PS2 that's 25; it's unboxed and I think quite dusty too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I almost wet myself after reading the last line in this advert.

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/no-joypads/5003755

I almost wet myself after reading the last line in this advert.

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/no-joypads/5003755

not-sure-if-joking-or-serious.jpg

• Advertisement

Not sure if this was posted already but

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-Famicom-Parody-World-Monster-Party-Prototype-/171247516989?clk_rvr_id=600834944752&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Interesting story behind it and wonder if the new owner will release a rom. I'd love to give it a go.

Master of the Universe

Not sure if this was posted already but

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-Famicom-Parody-World-Monster-Party-Prototype-/171247516989?clk_rvr_id=600834944752&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Interesting story behind it and wonder if the new owner will release a rom. I'd love to give it a go.

Holy ****ing ****!!!

I've been waiting for a proto to surface of this since first coming across Monster Party.

Can finally found out now if it was censored for the Western release or not. :)

edit- noooooooooooo his videos don't include all of level 1. So close :( hopefully we see a dump.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,821 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The guys on HG101 are talking about that proto. Apparently it has tonnes of differences from the final release. Thankfully the buyer is dumping the rom.

Master of the Universe

It's being dumped? Hurrah!! :)

From the get go, the title screen is different (red blood instead of green) and the plant dude on level 1 has his microphone and speaker (removed from the US version)

It's a shame his video doesn't have the rest of level one, as we'd then be able to see if the dead boss thing through one of the doors was originally alive and if the world turns weird and funky when you pass the big tree yolk.

Apparently there's cut levels and bosses that got redesigned:

http://hg101.proboards.com/thread/11227/another-monster-party-prototype-dumped

That's great news that it's being dumped.

Is there anyone who'll put roms onto physical carts? It'd definitely be one I'd like to play on my famicom rather than an emulator.

That's great news that it's being dumped.

Is there anyone who'll put roms onto physical carts? It'd definitely be one I'd like to play on my famicom rather than an emulator.

Given the sheer amount of Fami-boots out there, it can't be that hard to do...

Yeah but I'd love to get it properly repoed. With a fancy label and all.

Yeah but I'd love to get it properly repoed. With a fancy label and all.

I'd say once its dumped, there'll be people making them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Xenoblade Chronicles, with classic controller, going for 18.99 in Argos! Looks like 1 per store though!
    http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=198%2F4998

I just reserved the one in LV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

Xenoblade Chronicles, with classic controller, going for 18.99 in Argos! Looks like 1 per store though!

You absolute beauty, thank you !!!

I reserved it there, for collection on the 18th to 20th :confused: Is yours in stock now Damo?

I reserved it there, for collection on the 18th to 20th :confused: Is yours in stock now Damo?

Scratch that, just reserved one elsewhere :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Nice one. Nabbed the Arklow one. :)

do you get the same price on the can be ordered stuff?

I'll pop into dundrum on my break and order it.

Master of the Universe

Reserved one in Jervis.

I have the game but don't have the classic controller. So worth picking up for that.

Imagine if it turned out to be this? :eek:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-Xenoblade-Chronicles-Wii-Limited-Edition-with-Controller-/171267486530?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item27e0567342

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It was till I reserved it! ;)

O1s1n I think it might be! I can't get mine till after work, if someone else hasn't confirmed it before then, I'll let you know!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,710 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I reserved one in Drogheda.

Now the problem of getting to Drogheda :pac:

• Advertisement

It was till I reserved it! ;)

O1s1n I think it might be! I can't get mine till after work, if someone else hasn't confirmed it before then, I'll let you know!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89435767&postcount=8303 ;)

Master of the Universe

Jammy man!!!

o1s1n wrote: »
    Jammy man!!!

Your's will be fine if you used the Reserve it now option? Just nabbed the Wexford one. Might send the misses out for a drive this afternoon to collect it. :P

I expect to see Ciderman & Andrew pop up in the dreamers thread in the near future? :p

Joking aside, what a fantastic deal!

I reserved one in Drogheda.

Now the problem of getting to Drogheda :pac:

Dont forgot you'll have to pay the Toll :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dont forgot you'll have to pay the Toll :mad:

Sure just get the train.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Got mine just there now and one more just cause. It is the classic controller one.

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Your's will be fine if you used the Reserve it now option? Just nabbed the Wexford one. Might send the misses out for a drive this afternoon to collect it. :P

I used reserve it now on a shop which didn't have any currently in stock (but had an option to order one in) - so have a reservation code for an order which is set to arrive next week.

If you now try to do the above, it just says 'sold out' and gives you no reservation number.

Here's hoping it arrives! :)

Went to order from both dundrum and nutgrove but both out of stock. Went into the store in dundrum and it says item no longer available when you check the stock.

Reserved one in Cavan so it's a trip to Cavan tomorrow morning for me!

And now I've just realised I've to go to Cavan tomorrow :'(

And now I've just realised I've to go to Cavan tomorrow :'(

Poor you. I've a physical chemistry lab to teach a trip to Sligo Gamestop and a 4.5 hour trip home before I can play Dark Souls 2 tomorrow. And that's if the tracks at Dromod aren't flooded again. :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement