Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Wondering if I should or not?

Options
  • 10-10-2013 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey, I was just wondering are people getting gigs anymore? Like... I'm 15 and I almost have enough money for my new DJ gear "2x Pioneer CDJ900's and DJM 900 Nexus" (All saved up by my self took me a year and a half) :D but I was just wondering would I be getting a lot of gigs? I live in Co.Waterford Dungarvan and there's only 2 night clubs there, and I'm thinking I wont get any gigs because of my age people would think I'm sh*t and I don't know what I'm doing (I know what I'm doing)... would that be true? I really really want to start DJing in clubs It would be so cool! :cool: I'd even be willing to go to Dublin for a big gig! :pac: Thanks anyway I just want to know before I go spending a lot of money on new gear...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

1. Stop shouting
    B. If you think you're investing in a career by buying that gear, you're doing it wrong. It's not a taxi plate.
    iii. You probably are **** and don't know what you're doing. But that's ok because you're 15 and you can spend a few years playing at home and at parties in people's houses, practicing and getting better, before you need to worry about getting gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Joshcc

milltown wrote: »
    1. Stop shouting
    B. If you think you're investing in a career by buying that gear, you're doing it wrong. It's not a taxi plate.
    iii. You probably are **** and don't know what you're doing. But that's ok because you're 15 and you can spend a few years playing at home and at parties in people's houses, practicing and getting better, before you need to worry about getting gigs.

Not the answer I was looking for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭creep

Joshcc wrote: »

No club will hire you if you are under 21, No pub will hire you if you are under 18 unless a family event. People with 20 years experience are struggling to get any sort of work from doing and I know plenty who have given it up as there's no work out there. Only play at family events

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Joshcc wrote: »

Not the answer you were looking for but it's the advice you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

How Do You Get To Carnegie Hall?........... Practice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 djs101

You wont get any regular gigs until you are 18 unless there is some sort of teenage disco where you live? Who ever said you wont work in a night club until your 21 isn't exactly right i no plenty of 18 year olds working in nightclubs regularly some even started when they were 16/17 playing for over 18's but they are very good DJ's! It all depends how good you are and if you can adjust to a crowd. Also don't expect to just get asked to play gigs you have to put your self out there and keep asking the right people and that can take years. Just practice as much as you can.

Advertisement