Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smartphone PAYG or Short Term Contract

Options
  • 25-07-2012 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'm just back in the country and am wondering about the best package for a smartphone?

I've been reading through some of the websites (vodafone / O2 / Meteor), but am kind of unsure of some of the details. Thought I'd ask guys here who might have recently signed up.

So.....

1) I am unsure if I will be staying in the country, so until I get a job and settle I want to stay away from long term contracts.

2) My phone is a smartphone, so I need some level of data included. Although it doesnt need to be extensive as I'm normally in wifi zones.

3) I will need to make daytime calls. This is probably my big concern about using PAYG etc, as I understand that's mostly when you get caught for big costs. So, I would like included minutes for any time any network calls rather than say, free off peak calls etc.

4) I really really really dont every want to go back to the Three network, so their deals are a no go!

So with that in mind, what are the good packages out there?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

I think best option would be the 30 days SIM only plans, you just need to give 30 days notice,pay by direct debit.

Meteor SIM only Plans

for €20.33 you get unlimited calls and txt to other meteor customer and also
    200 mins
    200 texts
    1GB data

Over the weekend they had the €25 plan for €20 so might do it again next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I'm interested in switching to that plan (again available until 20 Aug.), having just bought my first smartphone, but I'm currently on their €15.25 SIM-free Bill Pay Lite plan and when I log in to Meteor it seems only to offer me the option of purchasing a 500Mb data add-on for €4.99 — i.e.

€20.24 for 200 mins/200 texts/500Mb data
    instead of
    €20 for 200 mins/unlimited texts/1Gb data

Has anyone here been able to switch plan like this, or do I have to first give 30 days notice and cancel my old plan, hoping that the €20 offer will come around again?

Advertisement