Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help me find this Nazi-in-Dublin thing on Google Earth!

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Swastika laundry Ballsbridge ................
    http://photopol.com/signs/swastika.jpg
    What were they thinking of :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Camelot wrote: »

Yeah back in 1912. Stupid three dimensional beings with their linear view of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

http://cedarlounge.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/image_large-1.jpeg

Synthetic Cleansing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 K.BYRNE

THE HOUSE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS LOCATED AT 245 TEMPLEOGUE ROAD TEMPLEOGUE DUBLIN 6W.AS FAR AS I KNOW A GERMAN SPY LIVED HERE AT ONE TIME .ITS DEFINATELY BUILT IN THE SHAPE OF A SWASTIKA.CHEERS,,,,,,K.B:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

THANKS MAN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

K.BYRNE wrote: »
    THE HOUSE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS LOCATED AT 245 TEMPLEOGUE ROAD TEMPLEOGUE DUBLIN 6W.AS FAR AS I KNOW A GERMAN SPY LIVED HERE AT ONE TIME .ITS DEFINATELY BUILT IN THE SHAPE OF A SWASTIKA.CHEERS,,,,,,K.B:)

No it's not. I live beside it and it is definitely not built in the shape of a swastica.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=53.300364,-6.299724&spn=0.000452,0.001206&z=20

There is literally nothing swastika like about that house and there never has been. It's a myth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Oh, but ironically a descendant of a holocaust surviver lives across the road from the supposed swastika house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

http://photopol.com/signs/swastika.jpg

I believe they used to use this German washing powder in that laundry :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Warfi

Ok I've got my fire torch, petrol bomb and a baseball bat with nails in it, and I can shake my fist if necessary. What time will the mob be convening at?
    I haven't been part of an angry mob for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

A German spy, undercover in a neutral country trying to contact members of the illegal IRA, living in a house that apparently people knew was owned by Germans sympathetic to the Nazis and shaped like a swastika?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

ffs how many times does this have to be said on this forum, never mind this thread ??

THIS is a satellite photo of the said house, and as you can see it is NOT, I repeat NOT, shaped like a swastika and it never was, it's an urban myth, get over it ! :cool:

so you can call off the ADL attack dogs now lads :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Grrrrrrrrrrr. Total headwrecker. There's no swastica shaped house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

marcsignal wrote: »
    ffs how many times does this have to be said on this forum, never mind this thread ??

THIS is a satellite photo of the said house, and as you can see it is NOT, I repeat NOT shaped like a swastika :cool:

The rumour started somewhere though.

Is it possible the shape has changed (extensions, etc.) over the past 65 years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

THIS is a satellite photo of the said house, and as you can see it is NOT, I repeat NOT, shaped like a swastika and it never was, it's an urban myth, get over it ! :cool:

You've got a picture of an SS soldier as your sig. How do we know your not some sort of Nazi sympathiser and you're showing us a picture of just any old house in order to divert us from the real goings on there?

Wow a four year old thread resurfaces yet again!

AARRRGH wrote: »

Is it possible the shape has changed (extensions, etc.) over the past 65 years?

look at the pic ? it's a 1920s Art Deco style house. There was 'supposed' to be a swastika mosaiq on the hall floor like the one I posted earlier.

Trust me, it was NEVER shaped like a swastika, that's just urban myth bollox.

Here! ;)

wudangclan wrote: »
    You've got a picture of an SS soldier as your sig. How do we know your not some sort of Nazi sympathiser and you're showing us a picture of just any old house in order to divert us from the real goings on there?

That's a Wehrmacht soldier, please don't put them in the same catagory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Haha. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

That's a Wehrmacht soldier, please don't put them in the same catagory.

Another cunning diversion...

(i'm only messing)

Probably from THIS arial photo taken by the Luftwaffe in 1941 :D

This was in a forest in the former East Germany, and after the unification, the authorities went bezerk about it. The land was in private hands and it took them years to remove them completely.

.*edit

bah ! you beat me to that one Donal ;)

Or how about the Edmonton Swastikas Hockey Team 1916

or this poster promoting Howth in North Dublin in the early 1900s

or this poster promoting Howth in North Dublin in the early 1900s

At least they're real swastikas, not those Nazi ones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

Sheeps wrote: »
    No it's not. I live beside it and it is definitely not built in the shape of a swastica.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=53.300364,-6.299724&spn=0.000452,0.001206&z=20

There is literally nothing swastika like about that house and there never has been. It's a myth.

OK, relax. I said in this thread a LONG time ago that the house was the last one on the road from Terenure to Templeogue. My parents always referred to it as the 'Nazi' house. I seem to recall that an official of the German embassy either built it and/or lived there. It was 'reputed' to be used by spys....

It's supposed swastika shape was probably because, lets face it, it is an unusual shape, even by todays standards.

Bye, Barry

P.S. the link to the OSI is probably the most useful thing that this thread has delivered, for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

Just so you know, here, http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8366190.stm

it says the UK Ordnance Survey will make all their data available online from next year. Then maybe we can find some swastika shaped houses there....:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement