Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garda Speed camera vans

Options
  • 27-01-2014 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi Folks,

Quick question (which I fear I already know the answer to).

I was travelling to work this morning doing just under 80 in a 60. (I know, I know). Passed a plain white Garda camera van. It was on the opposite side of the road, with the rear for the van facing away from me as I approached it.

Question is, can these vans detect your speed on the opposite side of the road, while you are traveling away from the van?

Thanks,

Mully

Comments

Simple answer...... Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Unless you are lucky enough that the view of your car was obscured by vehicles on the vans side of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Irlmully

Damit!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

I was travelling with my mother one day and we assumed because the van was the other side of the road that he could only "nab" cars travelling on that side.

She got a love note a week later in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Roads forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Did you at least slow down once you spotted it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

Unfortunately I can speak from experience. My 1st two points were from a gosafe van as I travelled in the opposite direction. My 2nd two were from a Garda can, again travelling in the opposite direction. Hard luck pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

You were caught or you weren't, you will either get a fine in the post or you won't.

Put a fiver a week away untill A. you get the fine in the post and use the money saved to pay it or B. you wait for six months and not having been caught use the money for a good night out.

You've entered the tenth circle of Dante's Hell; especially reserved for those who post on boards, "I was doing 'X+ a gee hair' in an 'x' limit, when I passed a white van, please tell me I wasn't caught so I can stop kicking the cat"

Relax Mully, life's too short; it's €80 and 2 points not chemical castration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Can we start the lecture now
    Can we?
    Can we?
    Please :D

Sorry OP reckon you've been done

.... Must resist the urge to lecture....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP already got some bad news, I reckon it won't help for us to rub it in.
    Lesson learned hopefully.

• Advertisement
Advertisement