Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman v Superman *spoilers from post 2434*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭Jack Kyle

Bale supposedly offered $50m for Man of Steel 2.

Watch his artistic integrity flying out the window...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Gosling would be good as The Riddler

Gosling would be good as someone who gets killed, very violently, early on, with no lines. He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a superhero movie. Let him keep his arty crap where he needs the acting equivalent of Keanu Reeves. (Is it obvious i don't like him?!).

Out of everyone so far, Brolin is getting my vote. Yeah he might be a bit old, but i think he would be perfect in the role if they're going for an older Batman (keeping in mind i don't have the rich comic history behind me!).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Ign saying on their facebook page that Ben Affleck has been confirmed as the new Batman.

Edit: Looks like its true

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/08/23/ben-affleck-to-play-batman-in-man-of-steel-sequel

1174681_599851443399292_857400795_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Shocked at that, but not in a bad way.

Who would have thought that after Gigli!? Fair play to him.

But I imagine half the internet will implode and drag the rest of us down with it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm... torn. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Half of me is delighted it's not Gosling. The other half is unsure of what to make of it. I'm trying to imagine him as Batman/Bruce, and i can't quite put it together, but it's also not standing out as a bad thing either. I just don't know!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Well there you have it. Ben Affleck is certainly a man (straight up fulfilling 50% of the requirements, 'moody intensity' making up the rest), and - despite claims to the contrary - he is certainly an actor.

But now the search for the next Daredevil begins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Brillo pad hair as Batman, no way. I'm out on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

k7dTaLj.jpg

Snigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

So it's George Clooney all over again.
    This is just the sh1ttest news.
    Bales batman was excellent I thought. Now this is going to bring back the comedy element, which batman never really had.

That's it I'm out of the justice league movie, zero interest in this one.

Yeah ledger was a funny choice for joker look how that turned out.
    But affleck is good as his south Boston self in movies and that's it, or directing himself and his smug grin.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I don't think this is too bad a choice at all. There's definitely actors I'd have put forward ahead of him, but it's not that demanding a role. People just have to remember he's not trying to be Christian Bale, so he's (hopefully) not going to be trying to replicate that version of Batman.

Also, it being a Superman movie, I'm assuming he's not going to be a huge focus of the film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Ben Affleck? Hmmmmm.........not so sure. I think he's a better director than actor. Did like him in Hollywodland as Superman though! Also, he was the bomb in Phantoms! :D

I'll keep an open mind for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,322 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

There's already a petition to remove him as batman: http://www.change.org/petitions/warner-brothers-remove-ben-affleck-as-batman-bruce-wayne-in-the-superman-batman-movie

I wonder how many people who've signed it have only see the Christian Bale films?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

I'm not hoping a Bale style batman.
    Its just in afflecks smug grin in the batman cowl makes me worry.

Your correct its batman in a superman movie, so right away they are borderline enemy's so this batman needs to be a tough role not a sarcastic one.

I wouldn't have thought of Michael Keaton as being a tough guy, but he managed it well enough. It's all acting anyway. They can make themselves appear however they want to. Affleck isn't a bad actor. He's not great, but it's not like he's going to channel his inner Adam West.

Although, that may not be a bad thing... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

So this makes Affleck the first actor to play three superheroes on screen? Daredevil, Superman (Hollywoodland), & Batman.

Does it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

humanji wrote: »
    There's already a petition to remove him as batman: http://www.change.org/petitions/warner-brothers-remove-ben-affleck-as-batman-bruce-wayne-in-the-superman-batman-movie

I wonder how many people who've signed it have only see the Christian Bale films?

Wow, that's pretty sad

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Matt Damon as Robin so?

"Rahbin, we gotta go ta Ahkam. Hop in the Baht Chaaaaar".

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

How are people making the jump that affleck = cheesy batman?
    He's done as many serious films as cheesy ones and his Daredevil was anything but cheesy (Matt Murdock was a bit at parts)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Matt Damon as Robin so?

Thank you sir for starting my day with a big laugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

A bit out of the blue with this casting, but I'm not really surprised (WB seem to love the guy, wasn't he attached to direct the proposed JL movie not too long ago?)

I think the Christian Bale version Batman will be a big one to follow, but I don’t think that it will be as bad as everyone is predicting (can't get any worse than Batman and Robin and Mr Clooney). I think Affleck has matured as an actor and person (no J-Lo to hang around with!) in the decade since Daredevil.

No doubt this movie will have a lighter tone than Nolan's trilogy, but in reality it’s a sequel to Man of Steel, not a stand-alone Batman movie, so I think the focus will be more on Clark Kent rather than Bruce Wayne. It's all gearing up to lead to the proposed JL movie to rival Marvel's Avengers in the long run.

And as for online petitions, these folks have nothing better to do! I recall reading there was uproar when "comedian" Michael Keaton was cast for the Tim Burton movie, that didn't turn out too bad and wasn't there a big hoo-ha with online petitions when Daniel Craig was cast as Bond? These things are a waste of time and energy.

For me it could be worse, Ryan Gosling could have been cast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

I'm fine with the casting.

CPSW wrote: »
    And as for online petitions, these folks have nothing better to do! I recall reading there was uproar when "comedian" Michael Keaton was cast for the Tim Burton movie, that didn't turn out too bad and wasn't there a big hoo-ha with online petitions when Daniel Craig was cast as Bond? These things are a waste of time and energy.

Hmm, now that I think about it, every time there's an internet sh*tstorm about someone playing a character, doesn't the actor usually end up doing a great job?

I'm no famous scientician, but I'm fairly sure correlation equals causation!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Exactly! I forgot to mention Ledger's Joker in the same bracket above, and he was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Will this be the new Craignotbond?

Personally I think he has potential, yes he can be a very cheesy actor, but when he puts his mind to it he's really good.
    Right now I'm looking forward to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I've always liked Affleck but this is terrible casting and a backward step for him career-wise. I had in faith in Nolan to make some unusual casting decisions work but I don't have any in Snyder.

For Affleck's sake I hope it doesn't turn out too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I'm wondering how they are going to deal with it, it can't possibly be some sort of Batman v Superman theme can it ?

that would be ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Jonny Blaze

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Matt Damon as Robin so?

Legend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

OU812 wrote: »
    So this makes Affleck the first actor to play three superheroes on screen? Daredevil, Superman (Hollywoodland), & Batman.

Does it?

chris evans: Captain america, human torch,
    Push is a "science fiction superhero film " and scott pilgrim v the world is a comic. So he may qualify depending on your viewpoint.

Advertisement