Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Push Cart Recommendations

• 16-10-2014 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭

My current cart, a 2 wheel , lately keeps trying to fold itself on the course so its time to get something that will last a while.

I was looking at the Masters ICart Quattro in Halpenny's for €159 , anyone have one?

Or is there something better for under €200?

Cheers,
    Dan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭dar_cool

That one looks the business, I wonder what the quality is like? With Christmas coming up it could be going on the santy list!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭dar_cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

dar_cool wrote: »
    That one looks the business, I wonder what the quality is like? With Christmas coming up it could be going on the santy list!!
    It looks and feels really well made, closing it down etc is handy aswell

The motocaddy's seem very bare for the price, not even a drinks holder which I thought is a good feature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

I've had one of these since early last year and have had no problems with it.

http://www.golfstoreeurope.com/en/Masters-5-Series-3-wheel-cart/m-2723.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 802 ✭✭✭m r c

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    My current cart, a 2 wheel , lately keeps trying to fold itself on the course so its time to get something that will last a while.

I was looking at the Masters ICart Quattro in Halpenny's for €159 , anyone have one?

Or is there something better for under €200?

Cheers,
    Dan

Hey i have the 3 wheel version of that one you linked and i love it. Fantastic build quality.

http://www.halpennygolf.com/masters-icart-wheel-trolley-p-1577.html

Think thats it there. I have an electric powakaddy too and prefer the icart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

I don't see the point or need for a 4th wheel on a golf cart, that just one extra item to clean/wipe down so worth being mindful off.
    I have the PowaKaddy Twinline
    http://www.theirishgolfblog.com/2012/09/powacaddy-twinline-3-review.html
    for a little over two years now and find it good. Pretty much bomb proof and never had a problem with it. That said the card/ball holder is very cheap looking and doesn't really add to the trolley. The new Twinline 4 looks much improved so could be an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

You'll have to look hard to find it under €200 but the ClickGear is a well built push cart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    The motocaddy's seem very bare for the price, not even a drinks holder which I thought is a good feature

Have a look at the S1 lite from Motocaddy €119 in Halpenny. I have one myself. They are solid but light with a simple folding mechanism and less things to go wrong.
    Motocaddy S1 Halpenny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭big_drive

Stewert trolleys are great and fold up really easy and small. Plus the bottom is designed to take any bag including stand bags which is handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭newport2

Lot's of great push trolley's out there now. One thing I would look at is how small it folds to. My mate got one a couple of years ago, I thought it was great until I saw it folded up, about 3 times the size of mine!

• Advertisement

Went up to Halpenny today just to have a look at the iCart for €159 and seen they had a Powakaddy Twinline 4 aswell for €185.

They both looked decent, you can get spares for both. The powakaddy did come with the umbrella holder where as the Masters Icart it was an extra €40.

I was all set for the iCart until I noticed the front left wheel was wonky ( last of the model they had aswell) and it was the nail in the coffin for it. I know it could have been damaged in transit (the guy said it was fine the last time he had it out) but it just put me off.

So I got the Powakaddy and he done it for €160. Really happy with it. Quick to fold up and down, folds down small and easy to push.

Thanks for all the replies

Dan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭jokser250

tonc76 wrote: »
    I've had one of these since early last year and have had no problems with it.

http://www.golfstoreeurope.com/en/Masters-5-Series-3-wheel-cart/m-2723.aspx

Have one of these also , no problems either and great value for money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Clicgear.

I have one for about 3 years now and find it brilliant, it's effortless to push, very stable, loads of storage, etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭rollotomasi

For many years I used to have a Greenhills 3 wheel push caddy and it was great until it broke.
    Then I got a Powakaddy Twinline 2 that is grand but side of the top strap support jams into the putter slot at the side of my bag. No harm to pop the bag on the caddy before buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭limos

got a click gear 3.5 used it for the 1st time today , excellent trolley and very easy to push loads of storage space and very stable

For anyone wondering on fold up size and how the bag sits etc

It can fit on the front seat of a micra so its not very big :D

Straps don't mess up the putter pocket at all I found aswell.

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

Advertisement