Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need for Speed World

• 14-08-2012 3:45pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone played/playing this? Think of it as an MMO Need for Speed drivey drivey game. I was bored last night and fancied something different and it was listed in Origin so I took it down for a look. It's based on the old NFS Carbon city (I think), so a lot of the roads through the city were vaguely familiar.

Free to play and get some tier 1 cars, but anything more than that has to be paid for. Even with the basic cars (I had a Nissan Silvia) it was grand just to spin around and do the odd race with other people online.

It falls down with almost all of the customisations and stuff requiring real world money to use, but you can do some basic vinyl and paint work - I always like that sort of stuff in NFS and Forza.

I'm playing on the Chicane EU Server if anyone's playing, feel free to add me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I did try it out when it was released but when I learned I could barely do anything without levelling up and coughing up money for it I uninstalled it. Was getting creamed in races by people who spent money on better cars.

Advertisement