Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silent hill downpour

Options
  • 01-04-2012 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else gotten this? What do you think?

Im loving it it feels like proper silent hill again
    The starting section called the devils pit has some parts that scared the **** outta me and made me freeze lol.

Framerate issues do pop up when exploring the town but noting terribly terribly bad.

The monsters looked very blah in promos and pics but playing ingame is a different story for me there creepy as hell.

Its definatly old school survival horror no action in this game at all which im loving Cant wait to start playin the rest and im only arriving at silent hill now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Picked it up yesterday. just out of the rock place and into town proper.. :) atmosphere is good but I didn't realize just how much the creatures herein could affect my experience I am gettn that Alone in the Dark vibe off if some of em which should be the template to avoid so in a SH game they're inexcusable. if the sheer isolation creeps you out they should break that and bring a smile to our face as they are nothng more than comedic. tech issues probably exaggerated.. so far a solid 7 with an uninspired disjointed feel, no more no less - thus far.

I get some buzz out of peaking around a door w/ the flashlight n scouring a room, worth admission price alone gonna take it very slow w/ this as there's nothing I am interested in out for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

just finished it 6/10 i wont to antoher run through for cheevios, not as good as homecoming a little disapointed to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TheYardStick

I haven't got it yet but I'm strongly considering it. Would you say it's worth full price? From what I hear , it has been doing pretty poorly sales wise so it won't be too long before it drops but I'm eager to play it as soon as possible :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

I haven't got it yet but I'm strongly considering it. Would you say it's worth full price? From what I hear , it has been doing pretty poorly sales wise so it won't be too long before it drops but I'm eager to play it as soon as possible :)
    id wait your not missing much, there's only 4 monsters in the game, boring mate story is piss poor

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Framerate drops are incredibly annoying but the game is a step back in the right direction. yes theirs only 4 monsters and for the most part they are quite difficult too but they don't taint the game in any major way. Combat is a bit clunky as is standard in SH but its not unplayable.

On the plus side alot of it feels like Silent Hill again unlike Homecoming (which felt like a cheap shot at recapturing the movie success with a touch of resi 4). I quite like the story, but it is a tad predictable as the SH formula is what it is and everyone who follows the game knows it. Murphy is quite a good main character and most the games other characters are fairly interesting and mysterious too.

Weapons breaking is a nice additition and makes combat more interesting but having them continually respawn is kind of defeating the purpose. And just means you run back to where you got said weapon, pick it up and finish the fight. Pointless running back and forth for very little.

Also having to for example coming to a locked door, having to run back about 40 screens to get an axe to open it, you than have to drop your pistol, run forward the 40 screens go break the boards off a door. run back again, drop the axe and pick up your gun can make it quite annoying and.

Good game but not great, certainly the best since 3 (far better than the Room and Homecoming) despite the technical problems. i think Konami should give the developers one more shot at the series and they may just save it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

The fact theres a low count on monsters does not bother me Silent hill has always been about the creepy exploring+random scary bits and this game has tons and tons of it with side missions too which i dreaded at first but have come to actually love it they were done incredibly well. The Town itself is just eerie enough and the otherworld chases are excellently done aswell.

as for handguns the above poster mentioned he had to drop his handgun you do know murphy can store his handgun on his belt right:confused:

Its definatly not gonna do well with the new survival horror fans from DEAD SPACE,RE5 etc IMO this game has really really stuck to its roots and in this Gen I applaud the makers for that Its nice to have something new but feel like the old again

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

biggebruv wrote: »
    The fact theres a low count on monsters does not bother me Silent hill has always been about the creepy exploring+random scary bits and this game has tons and tons of it with side missions too which i dreaded at first but have come to actually love it they were done incredibly well. The Town itself is just eerie enough and the otherworld chases are excellently done aswell.

as for handguns the above poster mentioned he had to drop his handgun you do know murphy can store his handgun on his belt right:confused:

Its definatly not gonna do well with the new survival horror fans from DEAD SPACE,RE5 etc IMO this game has really really stuck to its roots and in this Gen I applaud the makers for that Its nice to have something new but feel like the old again

You can store the hand gun but not when you also have the shotgun. If you have a shotgun and hand gun when you pick up a weapon he drops the gun even if its stored away. Kind of annoying really but not a major flaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mikey1357

can any one help me here ? , i live in Ireland and have been waiting for silent hill downpour for a very long time , my local game store (xtravision) said the game was coming out 30th of march , so on the day i went down to buy it but it was strangely not there , i asked them why not and they said because they didnt send enough copies out to Ireland .I was shocked , how could they do this . I waited a week and went back down today and its still not there , i am very pissed off . So i went on the internet and looked up gamestops website and apparently downpour is out there . So can someone please tell me is silent hill downpour out in Ireland ...... please reply ......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Smyths have the game only on xbox try their site for the closest to you.

Thanks man , but how come only a few stores have downpour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Not sure may be the poor reviews. forgot that some tesco's have the game also for both consoles

thanks , ill check tesco tomorrow and if not im sure game stop would have it ...

mikey1357 wrote: »
    thanks , ill check tesco tomorrow and if not im sure game stop would have it ...

Thats konami for ya regarding this franchise anyways there making a balls of everything silent hill lately after the many many many delays the colection had and downpour too both still come out with minor issues

Theres no excuse for that for downpour to have them minor hicups.

I rang xtravision the day before release and they never had it on there release shedule anyways so must of been gamestop and others who got the majority of copies Were abouts in ireland are you anyways?

I live in Wicklow..... its just a pity for the AWFUL delay upon delay and when we think it finally is coming out there is more problems , but this time just for little o'l Ireland , its just not right ......

Have you got the game ?
    if yes where did you get your copy

mikey1357 wrote: »
    I live in Wicklow..... its just a pity for the AWFUL delay upon delay and when we think it finally is coming out there is more problems , but this time just for little o'l Ireland , its just not right ......

Have you got the game ?
    if yes where did you get your copy

Yea got mine in gamestop last friday

Xtravision didt seem to have any HD collections though so got my HD collection in gamestop too.

ok then ill have to go to gamestop tomorrow , how much are they ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 preist

the game is amazing so far i **** my self like 6 times the whole looking trough the door before opening class im waiting for something to jump at me the suspense in the game kills me the early games are good but lets face this it those games are great just becasue there classics and people are so niev about there child hood games there not better get over it people this is a good game i feel the suspense much more in this i had to knock it off for a bit because i couldn handle it great game 9/10 and im not even finished yet

Advertisement