Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planet Fun, where are they gone?

Options
  • 19-05-2007 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

I've searched, and can't find anything mentioned on here about this, so I had to post. :)
    My dad brought his bike in to be serviced there a while back, to the Planet Fun in Glassnevin, they never returned his bike. The shop seems to have disappeared, and they're not answering the phone. It seems they've moved to somewhere in wicklow, but the owners of the property they rented in Glassnevin aren't giving any info.
    Does anyone know where they've gone to? The guards are saying to get a solicitor to get the info we need, but I'd rather not go down that route unless necessary.

Thanks for any info you can give.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Thanks for the info. :)
    I have a small claims court case pending against them and wasn't aware they had moved.
    According to the companies registration office, they are still registered with the Glasnevin address. They were when I checked in March anyway.

Shower of gangsters, and mods-I'm willing to stand over this if you want to ban me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Yeah, I've heard it's near blessington they've gone to, we're looking into small claims against them as well. Or we could have a solicitor demand details of where they've moved to. Any more info guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Well after CAB raided them I'd say yous haven't much chance of getting your money or bikes back!

Paparazzo wrote:
    Well after CAB raided them I'd say yous haven't much chance of getting your money or bikes back!

Any info on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Yep, a couple of months ago CAB raided them. They opened afterwards but everyone has been avoiding the place like the plague.

When did your dad bring his bike in ? If you have no luck tracing them I suggest you speak to the CAB and see if they can help you. If the bike was there during the raid then the Gardai might have it.

http://www.garda.ie/angarda/cab.html

• Advertisement

No, he had brought it in just over a month ago. So it would have been after the raid. We had no idea, otherwise we never would have stepped foot in the place. Still no idea where exactly they've set up shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Popeleo

Is their small place in Coolmine gone too? I had a warranty issue last year and I had to drop my bike there.
    (Warranty now over, thankfully, as it'd probably be worthless now without waiting ages for the main distributor to act)

Yupp, place in coolmine is gone afaik. My dad's been without his bike for over a month now, only a 50cc mophead, but none the less, he needs it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭saobh_ie

Can you report it stolen? The lads have in effect disappeared into thin air with it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

saobh_ie wrote:
    Can you report it stolen?

afaik, if you willingly habd something over it becomes a civil matter to get it back

• Advertisement

We've already been to the guards, they sugested a solicitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭bjmotors

i heard they moved to wexford, not 100% sure tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

they did me a good deal last year on my bike - I'm glad I never got around to going up to them a few weeks ago to see about trading it in!

Right, here's an update. We've gone to the Guards in relation to the CAB. They say it's possible planet fun was raided, but they won't say any more than that. Is there evidence the place was raided? Was it in the paper or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭bjmotors

it was deinitely raided. I used to work in the bike trade, and stil kinda do, but i do my own thing now from home.(im not gona mention the bike shop i used to work for as it is not relevant). it wasnt planet fun anyway.:rolleyes:

One of the lads i used to work with went up to planet fun to chase up on money he was owed on a bike (he imports bikes from japan and sells them to the bike traders) n when he arrived their were loads of people in suits removing what he said were boxes of files and paper. therefore being raided by tax people or whatever.

This was approx 2 months ago.

Also i heard that Eoin Doran(the original owner of planet fun) is bankrupt and planet fun had been taken over and run by a well know criminal who was shot and killed up in finglas a few months.

So there is alot of suspicious activity with planet fun. it would be very intresting if the papers were able to get some information and expose all of this.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Chunkylover

its a bit of a read (im afraid to comment any more :D )
    http://www.tribune.ie/2006/02/26/72825.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Chunkylover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ZX10

Planet Fun are now trading from Gorey County Wexford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nick_087

hi people planet fun are in gorey co wexford in the buisness park

Advertisement