Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo artist advice

Options
  • 13-08-2015 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭

Hi all, have spent a long deliberating about getting a new tattoo. Years actually and finally have an idea of what I want. Problem now is I want to find a decent tattoo artist to go and get a quote and design ideas.
    Was hoping to get some guidance as google in this instance is not my friend.

Design is something along the lines of this and around the same size. I know its hard to give an idea of cost as it will be down to the calibre of the artist but is there any chance anyone could give me a rough ball park idea so i don't pass out before I even see a needle?
    And also direction on who would be my best bet to go and see for the kind of design i want. Live in Westmeath so Navan or Dublin for location.

Thanks in advance.

big_colored_elephant_head_tattoo_on_half_sleeve.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I'd say around 350-500 mark depending on artist and about 4-5hrs to do.

If you want them to draw it up I'd say about 50-100 for them to do so and most would probably only do it
    a few days before the sitting of the tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I'd say around 350-500 mark depending on artist and about 4-5hrs to do.

If you want them to draw it up I'd say about 50-100 for them to do so and most would probably only do it
    a few days before the sitting of the tattoo.

it'd cost more than 500 if you want it to look as good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Thanks, I've been busy beavering and thing around the €500 is about right dependant on the artist. Maybe more. Have been checking out artwork and gonna go to Cru and Zulu cos have artists there I'm interested in checking out.
    Anyone got any feedback on those parlours

• Registered Users Posts: 39 thedave1989

Hi check out "D.C tattoos" on facebook in Carlow. Guy is really good and really competitive prives. Think its 20quid up front for a design to be drawn and then its taken off the first hour. Most of my family and friends go to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Hi check out "D.C tattoos" on facebook in Carlow. Guy is really good and really competitive prives. Think its 20quid up front for a design to be drawn and then its taken off the first hour. Most of my family and friends go to him.

Cheers for that, some lovely work there. Will have to see though cos not sure how far Carlow is from me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement