Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuart turner help

Options
  • 22-07-2014 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I have a Stuart turner monsoon pump. A few months back it would stop working. I found that resetting the trip switch would get it back working until a few weeks ago it stopped. I changed the start capacitor and it worked for an hour. Any advice on what else to try. Could the pcb short out the capacitor. Also I have night saver electricity and that element trips a bit, however it only comes on at night and I have not used it in nearly a year. Could this be the cause?In fairness it has helped my electric bill. Anyway any ideas on what to try next, it must be electrical as with a new capacitor it worked for a while. I intend on getting a multi meter to see if the capacitor is actually dead. Would appreciate any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

It could be one of a couple of things, but the most common cause of the pump not starting at all is the printed circuit board needs replacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

Could be the reed switch, but you will need a Meter to check this as well.

Advertisement