Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employee medical scheme - what kind of med tests can I ask my GP to run?

Options
  • 13-10-2015 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

What is employee medical scheme?
    I have a chance to use it and and get reimbursement.
    I would like to get full use out of this visit so my question is what kind of medical tests does GP usually run on their patients during such visits?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

How long is a piece of string? Your question is really open ended? Are you proposing you have your doctor, do all the test he can, purely because, your company medical scheme might cover them. Lay up on table there while we check you prostate, take bloods to test for cholesterol, signs of diabetes, when there are no other indications. Maybe check your tyhroid level too. Sound like you are on the way to be becoming a hypochondriac. If you have specific concerns, that you have been putting on the long finger, then by all means see whats going on. The internet won't be able to tell you what you company sick scheme cover. There are 100's if not 1000's of different health insurance products on the Irish market alone. It would be impossible to determine what you may be covered for. Check any litearture you have been provided with.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

Sammy07 wrote: »
    What is employee medical scheme?
    I have a chance to use it and and get reimbursement.
    I would like to get full use out of this visit so my question is what kind of medical tests does GP usually run on their patients during such visits?

An employee medical scheme is an arrangement between your employer and a healthcare provider. It could range from a phone consultation service to annual checkups - the specifics vary depending on what your employer has negotiated.

It doesn't matter what tests the doctor requests. What is important to you is the doctors interpretation of them in conjunction with other information. That's part of the reason why in Ireland patients don't have an automatic right to their lab results.

Advertisement