Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 game issues

Options
  • 06-02-2016 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

HI, Since I updated to Windows 10 none of my Steam games run, they start but fail after about 5 minutes, get a multi colored screen then black screen and locked out. Update my graphics card, reinstalled Windows 10 from a disc version but no good. Run the games on "Run as Administrator" ran in a Win 8 COMPATIBILITY MODE, no good same effects tried everything Steam sent me but was no good. Now I have download Windows game for the PC and it worked no issues. Has anyone else experienced anything similar.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Had the same issue myself. After trawling through fora I got nowhere. Instead of updating to W10 I just did a clean install, that sorted everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

So do not update win10?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So do not update win10?

Most people have had no problems and it's a great OS. Might just be better to do a clean install if this happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Everything thing I've seen tells me I have no reason to move from 7 yet, and probably won't for a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

No prob with Steam games here myself. Only upgraded last week.
    That said, the "upgrade" did leave me with some problems. I'd recommend you use the creation tool to make an iso / bootable usb and then clean install it once your upgrade has finished.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Planning to upgrade to Windows 10 this week, and I'll be going the clean install route.

I've read it's a lot more stable than an upgrade, as it means clean system files and nothing from Windows 7 is carried over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Planning to upgrade to Windows 10 this week, and I'll be going the clean install route.

I've read it's a lot more stable than an upgrade, as it means clean system files and nothing from Windows 7 is carried over.

One cool thing you can do with Windows 10 is do the standard upgrade first if you want, (make sure it registers to your hardware via win update) then there is a nuke all option to completely reset everything... (clean install basically)

I have to say I really like the OS, anything that hasn't worked on it can generally be ran via Win 7 or 8 compatibility mode...

Games run great on it....

Advertisement