Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Books

Options
  • 09-04-2014 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi, I didn't know where to post this so here we go.

I'm in the third year of my course and i'm deferring my exams until after summer because of a long term illness I suffered. I was wondering if after i complete them in August/September time and wanted to go off books for a year and then come back for my 4th year, would I still get the HEA maintenance grant (Approx 6,000 a yr) for fourth year?
    (I understand I wouldn't get any money for the off books period.)

I am in receipt of the old grant, in that I applied and got into college before the SUSI thing came in.

Anybody have any idea about this??
    Thanks!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'd imagine you would. I know that with regards to fees, you get one chance at each year. I'd say its the same with your grant. Best contact your college and/or SUSI directly though to find out for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 40,897 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I think yes

Contact SUSI and whoever pays it currently to clarify who you would apply to.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement