Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BTEA questions - finishing first year

Options
  • 09-04-2014 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

I'm currently getting BTEA. I'm finishing my first year in college next month.

Do I have to apply for social welfare for the summer? Will it take weeks to process? Should I apply for it now?

When September comes do I have to apply for BTEA all over again?

I rely on these payments to live so even just a week without them would put me up **** creek.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The Carrick on Shannon offices are helpful at answering questions

Back to Education Section
    Department of Social Protection
    Social Welfare Services Office
    Government Buildings
    Shannon Lodge
    Carrick-on-Shannon
    Leitrim
    Ireland
    Tel:(071) 967 2616
    Locall:1890 927 999

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

You have to reapply for JSA when your course ends for the summer. The length of time it takes to process can depend on the office. You shouldn't have to reapply for BTEA for Sept. You should get a letter from DSP asking you to confirm that you will be progressing into the next year of your course and that will safeguard your payment for the next academic year. But talk to BTEA HQ above and they will give you the fine detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Yes I am in the same situation as you and the sent me a form to fill out if I want to keep getting payment for the summer. The btea will resume in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭mosii

Hi ,im thinking of applying for btea in sept.fetac level 5.Is the process difficult,when is the best to apply,and do they refuse anybody,thanks.

Advertisement