Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advice on Job Share Salary

Options
  • 21-01-2014 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Quick question on job share - am on full hours so would go down to 11 hrs and I understand that my pay and allowances are halved and any posts are still full pay.

What I can't figure is the effect of the tax (and I've tried calculating through it :eek:). Does a job share effectively mean half the pay I'm on now? Or will the various taxes have a different effect on it? Can anyone who has been or is on a job share let me know if their salary worked out to effectively half or something else? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭solerina

I am no expert but we have a few job sharing in my school and they say that you do OK pay wise....apparently you get 5/8 of your salary once tax etc has been taken into account. One person told me that she is down about 320 euro a pay packet and she seems happy with this as it saves her child care for her two young children on 3 afternoons that she isn't in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

There are a couple of teachers in my school on job share. Obviously it would depend on your own tax situation and what credits you have, but with a salary for 11 hours, it means less pension levy payments, less tax paid and they said they come out with about 60% of the net pay they had on full hours, which is pretty much in line with solerina's post above.

Advertisement