Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning Post #1041

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fowler87 wrote: »
    So that 20m + Messi for Suarez wasn't too bad of a deal then.. :D

Nah that Messi lad is way to injury prone. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Is Mr Alan ever coming back?

How good must you be when your absence is a reason for posting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

campo wrote: »
    This lad is not a WUM he would not say it if it was not true , but I hope he is having a laugh as I feel sorry for the big lad

Same here.

If that is true, you'd think he's young enough to get through it and get back in action sooner rather than later.
    There's a world cup place up for grabs too so plenty of things to motivate him, but the mind is a fickle thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Rodgers deciples on the march!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

When we loose a couple of games
    No, he'll be back when something he feels the club can do better needs to be pointed out.

I dont always agree with him but he is well capable of holding his own when he feels something needs to be said.

And more power to him.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Augmerson wrote: »
    Enrique out for 10 weeks? :/

Nice timing for FIFA 14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Everton 3-0 and down to 10 men after a horrible over the ball assault on Chirivella, who is off for O'Hanlon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

mike65 wrote: »
    Everton 3-0 and down to 10 men after a horrible over the ball assault on Chirivella, who is off for O'Hanlon

It must run in the clubs DNA :-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Peno at least.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Anyone wrote: »
    Nice timing for FIFA 14

Must be the plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Whatever about Carroll retiring, by the sounds of it, it sounds like he may not play at all this season.

FT 3 - 1 Everton deserved their win, Canos one to keep an eye on.

What in the wide world of sports are Liverpool doing playing Hull on a Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Rodgers on Flanagan....

"It's been remarkable, really, that we haven't had any clubs come in to take him on loan. We will always facilitate the wages, but we have had just one club come in for him, and that was a League One club. He's a young player that needs to play.

"There have been a couple of enquiries about him, but nothing concrete. I just felt that I needed to have him about, and in the end I needed him to play in the Arsenal game.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9042934/transfer-news-liverpool-yet-to-decide-what-to-do-with-jon-flanagan

Interesting, now Flanno is needed some offers will come in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

gafferino wrote: »
    Rodgers on Flanagan....

"It's been remarkable, really, that we haven't had any clubs come in to take him on loan. We will always facilitate the wages, but we have had just one club come in for him, and that was a League One club. He's a young player that needs to play.

"There have been a couple of enquiries about him, but nothing concrete. I just felt that I needed to have him about, and in the end I needed him to play in the Arsenal game.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9042934/transfer-news-liverpool-yet-to-decide-what-to-do-with-jon-flanagan

Rogers is a fortune telling sage now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭flanzer

Regarding Andy Carroll, do clubs have insurance on players who have to retire due to injury/substance abuse*? If not, imagine we still had him and saw £50m go down the swanny :eek:. It will be a right kick in the stones for the Hammers if that's the case

*may not be true of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

flanzer wrote: »
    Regarding Andy Carroll, do clubs have insurance on players who have to retire due to injury/substance abuse*? If not, imagine we still had him and saw £50m go down the swanny :eek:. It will be a right kick in the stones for the Hammers if that's the case

Is he actually that bad, and has this been confirmed? I thought it was only an ugly rumour.

Im sure its boll*x. Why would you have to retire because of substance abuse anyway?

Sure Rio been at it for years ;)

(Joke-relax utd lurkers)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

ABANDON NEW THREAD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭brevity

Im sure its boll*x. Why would you have to retire because of substance abuse anyway?

Sure Rio been at it for years ;)

(Joke-relax utd lurkers)

Breach of contract I guess.

Adrian Mutu was caning it at Chelsea and they let him go. Chelsea subsequently chased him for money for breaking the terms of the contract.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

sfdn69.gif

brevity wrote: »
    Breach of contract I guess.

Adrian Mutu was caning it at Chelsea and they let him go. Chelsea subsequently chased him for money for breaking the terms of the contract.

Yeah I know that....but doesnt mean you have to retire!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭flanzer

Vicxas wrote: »
    Is he actually that bad, and has this been confirmed? I thought it was only an ugly rumour.

Ok, substance abuse aside, can clubs take insurance out on a player who has to retire due to injury? Imagine we'd bought a player for £50m and he had to retire 2 years later, do we get current market value back or the £50m?

Bonus points for anyone who can name the insurance company that does such insurance!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

mike65 wrote: »
    FT 3 - 1 Everton deserved their win, Canos one to keep an eye on.

Full of attacking flair, that team (Canos, Kent, Wilson, O'Hanlon, Sinclair, Ojo), but they miss the players who have moved up to U21 - Rossiter and Lloyd defensively, and Branagan and Ibe in attack. It's a good chance to bring through 16 year olds, but they do get picked off pretty easily. Uaually, we just score more, or as many - 30 goals scored in 14 league games, and 31 conceded. We are mid-table in the North league, and that's about right.

Having said all that, not that Chiv and Canos have their clearance and will feature more heavily, and with Sinclair back to full fitness, we can really build in the second half of the season. Wilson and Sinclair either side of Canos, with Chiv holding behind Kent and Ojo/O'Hanlon. It's a very talented group of kids...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭brevity

Yeah I know that....but doesn't mean you have to retire!

Ya I guess. Maybe he has a problem and cannot continue at present.

Maybe its all bs too.

Ok, substance abuse aside, can clubs take insurance out on a player who has to retire due to injury? Imagine we'd bought a player for £50m and he had to retire 2 years later, do we get current market value back or the £50m?

Bonus points for anyone who can name the insurance company that does such insurance!?

Corliss, Corliss & Sweeney?
    (I'llinsurehiminme) Swiss Re?
    Direct (football) Line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Is Mr Alan ever coming back?
    we're 2nd in the league no chance
    i predict he might be back after the christmas games if we struggle

Dickerty wrote: »
    Full of attacking flair, that team (Canos, Kent, Wilson, O'Hanlon, Sinclair, Ojo), but they miss the players who have moved up to U21 - Rossiter and Lloyd defensively, and Branagan and Ibe in attack. It's a good chance to bring through 16 year olds, but they do get picked off pretty easily. Uaually, we just score more, or as many - 30 goals scored in 14 league games, and 31 conceded. We are mid-table in the North league, and that's about right.

Having said all that, not that Chiv and Canos have their clearance and will feature more heavily, and with Sinclair back to full fitness, we can really build in the second half of the season. Wilson and Sinclair either side of Canos, with Chiv holding behind Kent and Ojo/O'Hanlon. It's a very talented group of kids...

Agree with all that, said many a time there is much to look forward to in attacking terms but they also need some steel in the mix - like the U21s and the first team.

I see we have a Dallas Cowboys linebacker player for the U17s at present -

dhariuswaldron.jpg

What are the feeding this kid!?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Jaysis, he's chunky.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement