Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI renewal applications open Monday 20/05 *Post Renewal Issues Here*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SuSi: Reps

Hi Rainbow66666,

I have responded to your private mail. If you could get back to me we can do our best to help resolve this problem for you.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

Hi guys,

Just to let you all know, SuSi have decided not to renew their contract with us, you can still contact them via other channels but unfortunately they will not have a presence on Boards.

Thanks,
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

Hi guys,

Just to let you all know, SuSi have decided not to renew their contract with us, you can still contact them via other channels but unfortunately they will not have a presence on Boards.

Thanks,
    Nicola

I was wondering why I couldn't reply..

That's a shame, their presence on boards seemed like a positive one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I got a letter telling me what I'm being awarded (same as last year) and to enter my bank details on the site but when I do that it says that bank details cannot be amended. Not sure what to do exactly now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Luno wrote: »
    I got a letter telling me what I'm being awarded (same as last year) and to enter my bank details on the site but when I do that it says that bank details cannot be amended. Not sure what to do exactly now?

Did you change bank? If its the same details I'd not worry too much, but if you want it going to a new bank I'd say you'll have to ring them at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

I've sent in the required documentation, and it is now at the final assessment stage. How long will it take to hear after this? Do I send in the final acceptance form only after I hear if I've got the grant?

I'm looking for postgrad funding.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Ashill5

Was on Susi trying to download forms for Fas and Social Welfare, as i was on Farm Assist 3 months last year and did a Fas training course and need to get them for my daughters renewal but can't seem to find where to find them.

Any help will be appreciated!wink.png

Ashill5 wrote: »
    Was on Susi trying to download forms for Fas and Social Welfare, as i was on Farm Assist 3 months last year and did a Fas training course and need to get them for my daughters renewal but can't seem to find where to find them.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this year SUSI has connections with the social welfare and no forms are needed as they get the information directly from the social welfare. I, and a few others on here, didnt need to go to the social welfare for forms this year.

Maybe give Susi a ring to confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Ashill5

Hi Marky Mark22

Let's hope so! It just that we were ask for them in the documentation required and I couldn't locate on the Susi site where to find them.

Just praying that Susi might have a better grasp on things this year, but I feel that could be wishfull thinking!!!!
    :cool:

Hi Marky Mark22

Let's hope so! It just that we were ask for them in the documentation required and I couldn't locate on the Susi site where to find them.

Just praying that Susi might have a better grasp on things this year, but I feel that could be wishfull thinking!!!!
    :cool:

Hmm, if it was asked in the documentation request then I reckon you would need to get them. Social welfare documents for myself and my father weren't required. The same happened to a couple of people on here. Strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

No dont think there required, I am using them do,as proof of residency for 3 out of the last 5 years, as I havent been using my bank account and have hardly any bills etc to show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

I was told to download a form from the susi website for a vtos statement when sending in my documents. turns out the form wasnt on the website, i had to contact the vec directly and get them to print one off. So if you are asked to send stuff in and the doc is not on the website you need to go to the relevent body to get it. If they havent asked you to send them in though, then you might not need to, at least until after theyve assessed your application possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

gline wrote: »
    I was told to download a form from the susi website for a vtos statement when sending in my documents. turns out the form wasnt on the website, i had to contact the vec directly and get them to print one off. So if you are asked to send stuff in and the doc is not on the website you need to go to the relevent body to get it. If they havent asked you to send them in though, then you might not need to, at least until after theyve assessed your application possibly.

This?

http://www.susi.ie/Susi/media/susi/Statement-VTOS-Payments-2013-2014.pdf

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

yeh, its there now, wasnt there awhile back as I was onto susi about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

This will probably seem like a really stupid question but today i finally able to sign into my online application (wasn't working for me for ages) and under initial assessment it says "awarded renewal" with nothing under documentation processing or final assessment. I haven't got any emails or letters off them requiring further documentation so is that it? Have i got the grant? Lol last year was such a mess it all seems to easy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭ricimaki

In early July, I received a letter from SUSI, saying that I have been awarded my grant for this coming year. However, when I log into my online application, it says "Current Status: Application received and is being checked". Under that, there is a tick beside 1. Online Application, but nothing beside initial assessment, document processing or final assessment. I also have not received any other letters from them.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

Guys have you asked SUSI?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I sent them an e-mail earlier. Will ring on Monday. I suppose I was more asking if anyone else is in a similar situation than if I will receive my grant.

ricimaki wrote: »
    I sent them an e-mail earlier. Will ring on Monday. I suppose I was more asking if anyone else is in a similar situation than if I will receive my grant.

Try their facebook page or twitter as well

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lauz94

This will probably seem like a really stupid question but today i finally able to sign into my online application (wasn't working for me for ages) and under initial assessment it says "awarded renewal" with nothing under documentation processing or final assessment. I haven't got any emails or letters off them requiring further documentation so is that it? Have i got the grant? Lol last year was such a mess it all seems to easy :pac:

I am in the exact same situation! anybody know if this means we have got the grant?!

• Advertisement

Got a e-mail back from SUSI, saying the letter I received is correct, and "the online tracker should update in due course".
    I think their webpage is just really slow at updating. Apparently, they wont be requesting documents from me either.

When I click the bank account details in my application, "Your bank account details have already been entered. As previously advised you cannot amend your bank details once submitted" pops up. As my bank details have not changed, I am assuming I don't need to re-enter them after last year?

One final question. In UL, when filling in the online fees form, it asks me to enter my grant reference number. Is this the student reference No. as in the 2012xxxxxxxx number or my application number, as in W12xxxxxxxxxx?

The one starting with 'W' I expect. That's what I used in UCD so I'd say UL is the same

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Demosthenes

I filled out the grants online renewal application a while back and I'm not sure if there is an issue or not (going on how things went last year I'm just assuming there is).

When I log in it shows a list like this:

1. Online Application
    Application received and is being checked. 07 Jun 2013
    2. Initial Assessment
    Awarded Renewal. 07 Jun 2013
    3. Document Processing
    4. Final Assessment

Now does 'awarded renewal' mean I have my grant for the year and I don't need to go through another ardious process of sending susi several copies of the same documents repeatedly for a few months?
    I haven't received any communications from susi since I filled this out on June 7th and it just worries me that it doesn't say anything after numbers 3 and 4 on the list.
    Thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Got approved and now have to re-enter my bank details but it won't let me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

I filled out the grants online renewal application a while back and I'm not sure if there is an issue or not (going on how things went last year I'm just assuming there is).

When I log in it shows a list like this:

1. Online Application
    Application received and is being checked. 07 Jun 2013
    2. Initial Assessment
    Awarded Renewal. 07 Jun 2013
    3. Document Processing
    4. Final Assessment

Now does 'awarded renewal' mean I have my grant for the year and I don't need to go through another ardious process of sending susi several copies of the same documents repeatedly for a few months?
    I haven't received any communications from susi since I filled this out on June 7th and it just worries me that it doesn't say anything after numbers 3 and 4 on the list.
    Thanks for your help.

I'm in the exact same boat, getting slightly anxious now!!!

I'm in the exact same boat, getting slightly anxious now!!!

Well, I called just there now to see what they'd say. I'm fees only but was told that since there was no change in circumstances they won't be looking for any documents from me. She said it would be the same with the full grant. All that happens now is they wait for the college to tell them I'm fully registered and thats it.

Got through to them pretty quickly too. Big step up from last years chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭wildchild247

I was approved a grant by susi and just last month they cancelled it asking me to renew my application

I tried to renew it but they didnt release my PPS number so whenever I tried to renew I couldnt

I contacted them several times and they just kept telling me to reapply even thought they knew about the PPS issue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

I just got a letter stating I was awarded Full Fee's and and 25% maintenance.

But when I log in to my application it still says "Application awaiting assessment. Is this normal?

I was also asked to provide my bank details which I thought I had already done but I re-entered them online. How long does it normally take to get a payment?

I was approved a grant by susi and just last month they cancelled it asking me to renew my application

I tried to renew it but they didnt release my PPS number so whenever I tried to renew I couldnt

I contacted them several times and they just kept telling me to reapply even thought they knew about the PPS issue
    HungryJoey wrote: »
    I just got a letter stating I was awarded Full Fee's and and 25% maintenance.

But when I log in to my application it still says "Application awaiting assessment. Is this normal?

I was also asked to provide my bank details which I thought I had already done but I re-entered them online. How long does it normally take to get a payment?

Did you try the Talk to SUSI forum

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1610

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭laoiserick

So I thought I'd bump up this thread from last year! It's that time of year again when we have to start worrying about how we're going to finance next year... Has anyone currently receiving the SUSI grant heard as to when were going to need to reapply?

Advertisement