Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SUSI renewal applications open Monday 20/05 *Post Renewal Issues Here*

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Do you have to fill out details for parent/guardian all over again if renewing it asked me the questions did anything change, but also asking me to fill out my parents details all over again

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭ramonarosie

I'm applying to susi for the first time and I'm just wondering right see if you didn't get a p60 in January or whenever, does that mean you wern't registered for tax so it wont come up when you apply for the grant? I had a part time job for three months and I only got like 2-3 hours a week and I never got a payslip or anything.... Anyone help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I'm applying to susi for the first time and I'm just wondering right see if you didn't get a p60 in January or whenever, does that mean you wern't registered for tax so it wont come up when you apply for the grant? I had a part time job for three months and I only got like 2-3 hours a week and I never got a payslip or anything.... Anyone help?
    Register for PAYE online, on the revenue website and request a P21.

But it sounds like you were probably working off the books, not getting a payslip and not getting a p60 are two big warning signs .

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭ramonarosie

I Know this is probably a really stupid question but I'm just so scared that I 'm gonna make a mistake like last year! I've completed my grant form and at the bottom it says valadate application, does that mean you're submitting it or what cuz I'm only 84% done? Confused!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

Hi I am just after completing year 3 of my course, I can now leave with my Ord degree but intend on doing the 1 year add on for my Hon degree.
    Will I need to reapply to susi?
    The course name is exactly the same

brady23 wrote: »
    Hi I am just after completing year 3 of my course, I can now leave with my Ord degree but intend on doing the 1 year add on for my Hon degree.
    Yes you need to apply to susi for the add-on year, i am in the same boat as you and have re-applied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Was anyone asked to enter details of there home address again for the renewal of a susi grant? I wasn't asked to do this and susi are now saying I did it wrong and may have to fill out a whole new application. All I was asked was a few boxes to tick and then enter in details of income for last year etc! Bit confusing now the whole thing, anyone have similar problem or what they had to fill in for their renewal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

brady23 wrote: »
    Have you been receiving a grant from susi?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Have you been receiving a grant from susi?
    He wouldnt be, as susi is only in place the last 2 years, the year before it was still council VECs taking care of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

He wouldnt be, as susi is only in place the last 2 years, the year before it was still council VECs taking care of it.

We dont know. He may or may not have been receiving a grant at all.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 HannahMcN

bri007 wrote: »
    Should my grant not say renewal instead of reassessment when i log in to susi account? I got it last year, is this normal to say reassessment or have i done something wrong

When I click grant application, it is bringing me straight to reassessment and I have to complete the whole application again ( which i done in 2012 when going into first year )
    I have been getting a grant for the last two years and everyone else I have spoke to has been able to click straight onto renewal, answer 4 qs and be finished?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Yeah i was the same, I had to fill the whole thing out again, they said its a random audit they carry out on every few applications when renewing :( I sent mine in a few weeks ago, and still hasnt updated or even acknowledge they received it. Frustrating to say the least, I thought it would be straight forward renewal but its not, just a load of hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Why is the renewal so long this year?Im filling out things I've already done when I first applied parent details etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Why is the renewal so long this year?Im filling out things I've already done when I first applied parent details etc

They randomly select some people to fill out the application again, for auditing purposes.

For most people you just need to tick 4 boxes and you're done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Also, Is it normal for it to be titled reassessment instead of renewal? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Also, Is it normal for it to be titled reassessment instead of renewal? :o

Yes, because you're being reassessed, instead of being auto-renewed like the majority of applicants. I'm sure they'd prefer to reassess everyone every year, but it's a lot cheaper to just pick a few instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jadii

I'm refilling in my application. However, I am changing courses. Everything is going ok however I am applying for 2 courses, yet I can't seem to fill that in on my renewal form...
    What should I do? Is it possible to apply for 2 courses? What I mean is that I don't know which one I'm going in to yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Do I put money I got from the grant in 2013 in my reassessment form? If so where?

Advertisement