Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fight in broad Daylight on Talbot Street. - Some call it Karma

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

I hope that 747 bus stopped at the lights wasn't full of tourists. What a welcome to Ireland :(

And now that I think of it, when did the 747 last travel down Gardiner St?

Old footage me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I seriously do not see how anyone from Dublin can show pride in being from such a place when things like this frequently happen, it is even being displayed on this thread. I find it quite sad actually, Dublin would actually be a grand enough old spot if it didn't have the likes of those umbrella wielding troglodytes inhabiting the city.

I go to university in Galway and I've never seen violence like I've seem on my relatively regular visits to Dublin, not even the same scale of junkies or dodgy looking characters either. I know that Galway is smaller in scale than Dublin in terms of population and size, but per capita, there's no comparison to how scum-free it is against Dublin and Limerick, although I'm not that familiar with the latter so I'm only going on one or two visits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Nailz wrote: »
    I go to university in Galway and I've never seen violence like I've seem on my relatively regular visits to Dublin

There's a great video of a knacker fight on Eyre Square on Youtube somewhere. Which is proof that Galway is an uninhabitable cesspool too. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I know that Galway is smaller in scale than Dublin in terms of population and size, but per capita, there's no comparison to how scum-free it is against Dublin and Limerick,

Spanish Arch? Outside Supermacs in Eyre Sq in the early hours?

Actually I wonder if Fairgreen Hostel is open anymore as the square had plenty of drunks when it was

Not a huge drug problem in Galway but certainly common to see people with cans and buckfast hanging around all day and shouting at random people.

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    There's a great video of a knacker fight on Eyre Square on Youtube somewhere. Which is proof that Galway is an uninhabitable cesspool too. :rolleyes:
    I never said Dublin wasn't an uninhabitable cesspool, so I don't know why I'm directed with such a statement, if it's there than I'll watch it after work. I never said it doesn't happen in Galway, it happen in almost everywhere in fact, even places like Leitrim and Monaghan where things are relatively quiet, I just said to far less of an extent in comparison to Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

comparing an actual city to what is essentially a large town in the west of Ireland is laughable.

Don't get me wrong, Galway's great but the amount of random violence that happens there is irrelevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Dublin has a bigger population and a fairly small land area. As a result you will see more incidents like this. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I seriously do not see how anyone from Dublin can show pride in being from such a place when things like this frequently happen, it is even being displayed on this thread. I find it quite sad actually, Dublin would actually be a grand enough old spot if it didn't have the likes of those umbrella wielding troglodytes inhabiting the city.

I go to university in Galway and I've never seen violence like I've seem on my relatively regular visits to Dublin, not even the same scale of junkies or dodgy looking characters either. I know that Galway is smaller in scale than Dublin in terms of population and size, but per capita, there's no comparison to how scum-free it is against Dublin and Limerick, although I'm not that familiar with the latter so I'm only going on one or two visits.

I live in one of the bad, unsafe areas of Dublin. I've lived there for 12 years and have been attacked twice in those 12 years.

I lived in Limerick (Castletroy) for 6 months and was attacked about 4 times, and saw more fights there than I've ever seen in Dublin.

There are scumbags everywhere. Generally, if you can look after yourself and have a bit of cop on, you'll be safe in most places.

I never have hassle where I live and I live in a complete shíthole to be blunt. Every area has its good and bad.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Not a huge drug problem in Galway but certainly common to see people with cans and buckfast hanging around all day and shouting at random people.
    People with Druids and Buckfast, yes; but never seen them shouting at people. In fact never heard about them ever causing much trouble apart from loitering and smelling bad.

• Advertisement

Dublin has a bigger population and a fairly small land area. As a result you will see more incidents like this. It's not a hard concept to grasp.
    I did take that into account...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I know that Galway is smaller in scale than Dublin in terms of population and size, but per capita, there's no comparison to how scum-free it is against Dublin and Limerick

Stats or stfu...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

/ Dublin is better/worse then (Insert other Irish town or city, here) thread.

It's tiresome and boring.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement