Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Card Question ?

Options
  • 14-05-2010 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭

Hi not sure if this is in the right place to post but I was wondering if you go see a docter and you have a medical card does it have to be the docter named on your card ? theres a few docters in our area so I want to know if it has to be the one printed on the medical card ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Yes it's the dr who's name is on your card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭kangaroo

If there is a practice with more than one doctor, one can sometimes switch around within the practice and there's no need to change the name on the medical card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

It is possible to see another doctor but they must agree to see you first and its generally for once off's and emergencies. Its at their discretion also. I think they then fill out a form and send it off for payment. This would be for if your away from your locality and needed to see a doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Hi yea its in my local practice , theres a few docters there .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

Yeah if they work for the same practice you can see any of them under the medical card. Normally you state your doctor of choice on the medical card application. Hand in the application to the doctors surgery and if they are willing to take you on then the doctor will stamp the form.

Advertisement