Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky "Cut Off"

• 11-03-2004 1:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

In my household recently we received a letter from sky saying you haven't paid for the last two months... Now the bill payer thought this strange as permission was given to take the payment monthly from a credit card. So they rang sky and said ye haven't paid... So it was requested that it would be paid from the credit card annd that's the end of it. Also said the computer systems were down. So when the bill payer got off the phone they decided this could be potentially exploited. So rang back for the operator to say: you were due to be cut off tomorrow. The comp systems were down or something. So the bill payer checked with the credit card company as well saying: look we've received many inquiries from sky customers, it's (off the record) their problem. No record of last two months bills either. If our house was potentially cut off or the credit card exploited what evidence would be needed to put a case against sky? Has this happened to anyone else? Did ye rectify the problem or did anyone actually get cut off?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Hmm.

I lost the bulk of my sky channels last week (still had bbc and sky news plus a few more). I'd been moving the telly around a bit and assumed that I'd loosened the coax going into the digibox (happened previously and knocked out most channels - but not all). Fiddled with the connector/coax and got no joy. Decided that either the coax or connector were buggered and figured if I was having to pay someone to fix/replace something I'd take the Sky+ plunge and get it sorted in the upgrade.

Ordered the upgrade off Tony and left the digibox alone pending the arrival of the new box. I got the letter from Sky this morning and the penny dropped - nothing wrong with my coax- I'd been disconnected.

1. Letter says I'd been written to previously. I didn't get anything.
    2. I get my bill debited from my CC
    3. There was a breakdown in VISA and Mastercard last week. It buggered up a couple of flight bookings I needed to make.
    4. My card did expire a while back, but I'd have thought that the debit arrangement didn't get affected by a card renewal?

I phoned them up and paid what was owed. They did mention that they had been having problems with Irish cards recently. Channels re-appeared after a couple of hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭osullima

There is a thread on this already. Others are having similar problems with Irish CCs.

Link

osullima.

Advertisement