Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Select "Skyware" Quad Compatability

• 09-03-2004 5:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

I have recently purchased SkY+ and intend installing it at the weekend. I currently have a Panasonic TU DSB 40 which I will be using as a mirror sub, and also intend to purchase a Panasonic TU DSB 50 for use with my FTV card.

Queston is the Select Skyware Universal Quad SX719QS/S LNB compatibile with Panasonic boxes?

I have read of issues relating to this on various forums, as they are designed for use with Pace products, and I believe Sky have identified an issue eith Panasonic compapability, so would I be better off trying to exchange the LNB at this stage before I use it?

Has anyone here used the Select model with Panasonics?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Some Panasonics have PSU noise or something wierd on LNB connection. Anyway I cured it on a Panasonic Digibox with a £12 ish module from www.satcure.co.uk (22kHz fault module). Was easy to fit internally. Requires some soldering experience. Only three connections and one is easy.

If you have a problem order the Satcure module. Otherwise don't worry. It isn't actually an LNB fault at all.

If you do have the fault (which is in the Panasonic Digibox)

* Only happens with some LNBs (but LNB is not at fault)

* You lose low band channels (BBC, ITV, RTE, Disney)

* Carefully disconnect LNB cable at box and reconnect without shorting, while everything is on and box on BBC1 or RTE1. If picture appears, then you have the 22kHz fault the Satcure module fixes, in the Panasonic Digibox.

It is likely you will have no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Thanks Watty,

Will try the install with the Select LNB and hopefully all will be well..will post back when job is done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Well,finished the self install of Sky+ this evening and all is well, the quad works great with the Panasonic box, although the signal strength is not as high as it is on the Sky+ box.

I think the issue was with the older Panasonic boxes, and I have heard a report of the same problem with the brand new TU DSB 50, I will post when I install it.

Both cards (mirror and plus) self activated once I did a callback from both boxes, I did however have to call up to get the recording services switched on.

The hardest part of the job was getting the loan of a drill to get tru the wall!!

I would reccomend it to anyone to self install rather than give even more money to Sky!!

PS Thanks Tony for the very fast delivery of the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The signal and quality meters are not the same on different models or even different SW revisions.

My Grundig & Pace Digiboxes gave madly different readings on SAME cable & LNB!

The PC Satellite card may give 40% signal and 100% quality, when the Palcom DSL4 on same LNB/Cable gives 90% signal and 60% quality, and Pace approx 2/3rd bar signal and 3/4 bar quality!

Advertisement