Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Diabetes meter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Terry wrote: »
    https://www.abbottdiabetescare.co.uk/your-products/freestyle-optium-neo-ie/request-meter

You can connect it to your computer and keep logs and stuff.
    See pictures for details.

297481.png

297482.PNG

Excellent Post!

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Cheers OP. We use the Freestyle Optimum, it looks like this new one uses the same strips, will order one from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I'll add it to my pile, which now includes: Aviva Nano and Mobile, Freestyle Optium Exceed and with less than a week the Bayer Contour Link, thank god I work in a pharmacy or they'd be addled from all my switching of strips :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭Modified-IRL

Friend of mine got a Accu chek Mobile and I'm very impressed, would a chemist supply it on LTI or will I have to go to the hospital, not due another appointment for another few months :rolleyes:

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭graflynn

Friend of mine got a Accu chek Mobile and I'm very impressed, would a chemist supply it on LTI or will I have to go to the hospital, not due another appointment for another few months :rolleyes:

Thanks

You can call AccuChek's customer service to get the meter for free:
    Ireland: 1 800 709 600

They send you the meter along with a description and product code of the strips you will need.

Bring that piece of paper to your consultant or GP who will give you a script for it for your long term illness book.
    Send the new script with your LTI book to you local LTI section where they will update the book.
    Bring updated book to chemist and get endless supply of strips for free:P

• Advertisement

graflynn wrote: »
    You can call AccuChek's customer service to get the meter for free:
    Ireland: 1 800 709 600

They send you the meter along with a description and product code of the strips you will need.

Bring that piece of paper to your consultant or GP who will give you a script for it for your long term illness book.
    Send the new script with your LTI book to you local LTI section where they will update the book.
    Bring updated book to chemist and get endless supply of strips for free:P

Once you have a prescription for test strips the pharmacy should dispense whatever brand or type you want, there isn't necessarily any need for the song and dance about changing scrips and the LTI book.

Once you have a prescription for test strips the pharmacy should dispense whatever brand or type you want, there isn't necessarily any need for the song and dance about changing scrips and the LTI book.

Does the chemist still give it without the prescription charge if it's not on your LTI?

graflynn wrote: »
    Does the chemist still give it without the prescription charge if it's not on your LTI?

On my LTI book it says "Accu-Chek Aviva test strips" I think, but he has dispensed me Accu-Chek Mobile cassettes and Bayer Contour test strips depending on what I'm using, on LTI with no charge. In fairness though I do work in a that pharmacy so I'd have a better relationship with my pharmacist than many but he says that all pharmacies can dispense any test strips.

I might pop into my chemist and see will they give me a decent meter on my LTI book, because I only have basic ones the hospital give me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Just ordered one!

I already have the freestyle lite and theres an accu check active one somewhere in the house.

Wouldnt hurt to have another one :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

I might pop into my chemist and see will they give me a decent meter on my LTI book, because I only have basic ones the hospital give me...

The meters are not covered on the LTI scheme, only the consumables. The pharmacy may have some meters available FOC if a rep dropped some in but don't depend on it. Really the meter should be provided by the diabetes clinic/GP etc. (Or the company if you contact them directly).

Unfortunately in recent years there has been an issue with certain non-nationals going around pharmacies collecting free meters in order to build up a supply of strips which they then send back to their own country where reputable supplies aren't always available. For this reason certain manufacturers no longer supply to community phatmacies.

The chemist shops in general don't keep a stock of glucose meters but I could be mistaken.

I rang Accu chek earlier today and told them my meter was faulty and they weren't buying it, saying I should send it into them for tests etc I presided to say look I need to be able to test my glucose levels a few times a day, she then realised I was type 1 and suggested the Mobile model thats new in the product range, also sending me battery's for my "faulty" meter...

Result (",)

Advertisement