Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Corolla verso d4d losing power

Options
  • 16-02-2014 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi.
    My corolla verso d4d 2.2 is loosing power every so often. Could it be the fuel filter?
    Any idea on where it is and how to replace. Know a little about engines but not a lot.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Any lights on dash?
    Could be anything, I'd start by getting codes read.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

get the MAF (mass air flow) sensor cleaned.
    It's a few inches away from the throttle, an if the throttle body is dirty the MAF could be too.
    It's also time to check/replace the PCV valve,

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Perkins135

Thanks for the replies.
    There are no lights on.
    Could I clean the MAF sensor myself?
    Where's the PCV valve?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jingojonson

Hi there

Had a similar problem with my avensis, apart from mass air flow meter it could be sticky egr valve. Do you do a lot of short runs on the car? if so the valve could get gunked up. Try and go for some longer drives and once the car is warmed up drive for about five miles at about 4000 revs to increase the temp which could burn up the accumulated gunk.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

It's not the MAF sensor, I have cleaned loads of ergs on the 2.2 though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement