Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

editing pics for printing

Options
  • 28-08-2013 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭

possibly wrong place for this sorry if it is
    i recently got a canon pixma mg5350, what i want to do is print pics with photos of people in the pic, what is the best programme to use, i have windows vista and wodered if i should get photo shop ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Adobe Lightroom is more so aimed towards photography. You can do all your touch ups in there, and I believe it is quite cheap.
    I'm no expect in Photography, but if you're just looking to do standard stuff, I'd say Gimp would be fine. Program is free, and is a well known alternative to Photoshop.
    Worth downloading the Photoshop trial though. Just to have a look at it for yourself. I wouldn't bother buying it, unless you plan on getting into serious photography for weddings/fashion shots/etc

• Registered Users Posts: 20 uglybunz

If you're just looking to do simple things like crop, gamma, remove redeye, etc, then you should have a look at Irfanview before you spend any money... the price is right (free) and there's zero nagging or adverts.

http://www.irfanview.de

If it doesn't do what you want then it hasn't cost you a cent! Though the author does ask for €10 for commercial use. I liked it and the author's attitude so much that I sent him €50!

Advertisement