Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook For Business

Options
  • 11-08-2013 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi , I was trying to setup a facebook page for my business , but I was trying to use the same setup as a person page , with timeline and standard updating etc,
    I see on some business pages it only give basic company information where as i want to update regularly so people that are friends do see the up dates.
    When I go to create a page it realises that it is not a personal name i am trying to register.
    There are other page type options available but I'm unsure of which to go for as I am looking for the page type that would be the same as standard personal acc.
    any help would be much appriciated ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

That goes against Facebook guidelines, as they presume, rightly enough, that people don't want to interact with businesses in the same way they interact with friends.

You'll come across as more professional if you use a page as intended. You also don't risk getting your account closed for breaching terms of use.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 nialldoy

Hi,

I am trying to setup a facebook for my business. As I understand it you must have a personal page before you can setup a business page, what I'm wondering is................if i setup a business page off my personal page will any posts that I put on my personal page then be visible on the business page & visa-versa? Obiously I would like to keep these pages separate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

you need to set up a personal page first and from there a. business one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 nialldoy

you need to set up a personal page first and from there a. business one.

Thanks for the reply - I have done all of that but what I'm wondering is if my business page will be public while my personal page can stay private. Do you know if this is the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭TheChizler

nialldoy wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply - I have done all of that but what I'm wondering is if my business page will be public while my personal page can stay private. Do you know if this is the case?

They're completely separate from a public point of view. They can't even see the admins of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement