Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Sharing With Unlivable Conditions - Lease

Options
  • 03-11-2011 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi All

I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post in if not I apologise but I wonder if anyone can give me some advice. I am currently living in a student accommodation complex and I have signed a lease, payed a deposit and rent upfront for my first semester (this is not on campus accommodation but a dedicate privately owned complex) My problem is my housemates are so unbearably dirty, filthy in fact in the common areas that it has become in possible for me to use the kitchen, even if I wanted to I would find it hard as the sink and work tops are constantly full of dirty dished and waste food.

Waste food is also left on plates lying around during the weekend when they return home, the floor is rarely hoovered and is also full of food, I fear that its only a matter of time before we have infestation of pests even more of a risk seeing as we are on the ground floor.

I have been taken up the issue with my roommates on several occasions all to no joy, I now plan on asking the land lord to get involved. My question is if the situation still does not change and I am forced to leave am I left screwed for the rent I have paid already, my deposit and will I be left liable for the second installment of rent due in January as I have signed an agreement to pay it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 nonstarter

Take pictures of it at its worse, arrange to meet your landlord and tell him you've found rodent droppings. No landlord will want an infestation on his hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Call to Threshold, The landlord will throw a wobbly if they get involved and will have to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Explain the situation to the landlord and ask if you can move to another property.

Advertisement