Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Power of Love/Stupidity

• 01-05-2010 4:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, what's the stupidest thing you've ever done over/for a relationship?

I was once seeing a girl who was a vegetarian. Soonafter I stopped eating meat. I kind of convinced myself it was for logical reasons but really it was just to impress her.

I'm sure there's other little things, like pretending to other girls to like the Irish language whilst chatting them up but the veggie thing was prob the most ridiculous.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Gotten married

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I dont do stupid little things like that, if a woman cannot take me for who I am then she is not worth my time. Period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I dunno if this is just in my head but I think a lot of people say, "Nah, I'd never change etc." for the person they love but more often that not, people do. Loving someone does change things. It does change you and whether it's a change you're conscious of, or one of those things that happens gradually over time, imo, you can bet your ass you won't be the same afterwards.

I don't like football, or is it called soccer? I don't know, and I don't care. I had a boyfriend once though who really loved Man United and because he watched CSI with me, I watched matches with him. I could name the whole team. Watching football (soccer?) became part of my (well, our) routine and I think I even had myself convinced that I enjoyed it.

When you love someone, I think you do things, say things, like things that you never would have done, said or liked before and that's okay. It's not stupidity, it's the give and take that make you both fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

@Novella: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synonym

Everyone does things that makes them happy/gives them pleasure. That's basic biology.

When you're in love, your partner being happy induces happiness in you.

So if you make them happy, then it makes you happy.

To use Novella's example, watching football alone might not do anything for you, but if a partner liked it, then you'd recognise what in a football match induced enjoyment/happiness in them, and by extension you'd begin to get enjoyment/happiness out of the fact that they were enjoying themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Less discussion and more embarrassing stories!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭force majeure

sending a bunch off very costly roses to a woman at work and promptly getting pissed out off my face then turning up at lunch hour.... no need to say the rest but suffice to say it did not work.
    PS roses do't work guys unless she is expecting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Hey guys, what's the stupidest thing you've ever done over/for a relationship?

Cried.

/facepalm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭TitoPuente

Got involved with a textbook narcissist without knowing what was happening and came out the other end thinking I was going insane. Lesson learned.

Advertisement