Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early mid life crisis

Options
  • 27-09-2009 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Mid 30's male, feeling like Im having a mid life crisis. Disillusioned, unmotivated, uninterested in most things. No interest in the sports car, couldnt afford one anyway! Single, no kids, no mortgage, still renting, feel like Im drifting..any other males feel similar..or am I too young to feel this way?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Bren1609

Maybe you're in a bit of a rut? Try changing your circumstances i.e. job, move apartment, take up sport. Dont smoke hash or do drugs and drinking doesnt help either.
    Try and meet new people, sometimes the group of friends you hang around with may not be good for you especially if they have a negative disposition.
    I broke away from a couple of friends a few years ago. One of them I shared an apartment with, he became a very negative person who was prone to mild depression and smoked hash and weed quite a bit. The environment that I was in along with other friends just became decadent so I decided to break away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

When was the last time you can remember being really happy and/or excited?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Set new goals/achievements like givin' up smokin' or the likes. Get fit.Join a gym or play 5 soccer a side during the week.
    Might not be easy to change job at the moment but change your routine during the day. Go for a run or a swim at lunchtime. Just a few thoughts. Good luck...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

OP you need to do nice things that make you feel good. Treat yourself within your means. Go nice places galleries , exhibitions and good food - there are some wonderful early bird menus out there -Dobbins for 25 euro. Invite a girl you know to Jimmy Chungs for the buffet for the company.

Its time that you put some sparkle in your life. Genteel living under difficult circumstances.

Advertisement