Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SINGER REQUIRED URGENTLY!! GALWAY

• 15-12-2008 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

3 of us forming a new original band here in Galway. We have only jammed a few times and it’s been very productive and good fun.

We cover a fair amount of ground between us so style wise it’s a blend of funk, vintage/southern rock, blues, reggae and who knows what else as we have only just started at it.

We really really need a singer ASAP to start building the riffs around and turn them into songs. Your additional influence on things will be most welcome.

Male/Female, rappers, Robert Plants/ Aretha’s, all welcome to jam out with us.
    We are looking for a good strong singer; maybe with some ideas of their own?

At the moment we are jamming once a week in Galway cc but hope to get out gigging ASAP.

Here are 2 rough tracks but you getting an idea-

http://www.upload-mp3.com/public/viewset/37432

There must be someone out there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 zoom505

Nice chops. good sound. what are you folks recording with??

zoom505
    Galway

zoom505@justice.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Thanks zoom, just some basic outboard- usb audio jobbie , cubase and sonic.
    Keep it sweet and simple!

Happy new year, where are you singer person? we need you bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

I demand to have a singer contact us immediately!
    Readyyyyyyy........NOW!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 pauliewh

having trouble downloading that demo, im a singer in galway and i just finished playing with a band of 7 years because of people going travelling, do ye have gigs lined up?

pauliewhittle@gmail.com

• Advertisement

Update:
    Well we tried out a girl for the singers position and although she had an amazing voice, it didn't suit the needs of the band (good luck in everything Niceol :))
    Anyway, as a band we're getting more and more excited about the range of sounds and genres we are able to produce so all we need is a good front(wo)man to help us tie it all together.
    Cmon, there has to be someone out there that can do funky :D

HB

working demo linky

still on the singer hunt, but it aint stopping us, maybe we go instrumental prog rock instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Bilbert55

is it all originals that you'll be doing? living in loughrea myself, bn singing pub gigs for the last 7 years.

Hi
    Yeah the plan is to go all original.
    You have anything on the web we can listen to?

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Bilbert55

in work at the mo, will put something up later and send ya the link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭cauliflower69

Looking forward to that link ;)

Looking forward to that link ;)

Why's that? :)

HB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭cauliflower69

He's a friend of mine and I have seen him gigging to many times to count on my fingers and toes.

Very good I do have to say and I really have very little recorded stuff from him for mp3 etc.

Hope this helps ;)

Good to hear.
    Would really like to hear something too...
    The gigging experience will be an advantage, we really need someone with a few years giggin/studio experience under their belt.

HB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Diva242

Jelly 292 wrote: »
    working demo linky

still on the singer hunt, but it aint stopping us, maybe we go instrumental prog rock instead?

Hi,
    I'm also a singer based in Galway. Can you give me a little more info on the band?!
    Look forward to hearing from you!

Hi Diva,

Well, there are 3 of us- bass, drum, guitar. We sound a bit like a cross between Stevie Wonder and Lynard Skynard and just about everything in between.

Its all about groove. We have a ton of riffs and ideas, need a singer to build around.
    We have a vintage blues/ groove vibe but we throw just about anything into the mix.

We been jamming for a few months and have yet to play the same thing twice.
    Sometimes its eletric and sometimes we go acoustic. Its always fun.

The link above gives you a very basic idea of our sound(ish) although its mostly done in bedroom.
    Do you have any demo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MONSIEUR_PARTY

I'm a singer/guitar player from Ballinasloe and i'm moving to Galway this week. Are ye based in Galway city?? I have been singing in bands since i'm 16, i am now 25. I was in a nirvana tribute, metallica tribute, thin lizzy tribute called Live n Dangerous we played all over ireland and london for 3 years, played for the vibe for philo twice. i'm currently in a band in ballinasloe just playing covers. I'm looking to join a band in Galway, i am very interested in the whole "soul" style. I don't have a demo. Are ye going to play gigs around Galway??

Hello MONSIEUR_PARTY,

Sounds good mate, yep we are Galway city centre and aim to be gigging as soon as possible, we are all ready but we got no singer.

We have no battle plan beyond find a singer, rehearse and gig. Anything beyond that is in the lap of the gods.

It’s a very open, zero stress affair, we have a lot of experience under our belts so everything goes real smooth.

We have a hybrid weird sound, vintage rock, funk, blues, soul and some reggae sometimes. We are also experimenting with Resonator slide Delta Blues with slap bass, with a bit of folk rock thrown in (think gallows pole):cool:
    We'd like a singer with enegry to match us, we can write lyrics if thats a problem. Strong voice is what we want, no mumbeling shoegazer bores.

Best thing to do is come along next week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MONSIEUR_PARTY

Hey, JELLY 292

From what u'v replied i'd really like to check ye out. I'm very open minded when it comes to music, there's just some types of music that i just can't bare, that's the arty farty type that or slow and too colourful! i like to move around and want to make people want to get up and dance! Where and when could i watch ye play?? i'm moving to Galway on Sunday

PM'd you dude

• Advertisement
Advertisement