Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tricky question

Options
  • 13-03-2004 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I live in the very south of Europe and I get Sky here on a box registered at my dads address in Dublin, although I can't get any of the Irish channels this far south, I can't get BBC any more either and ITV and C4 and C5 aren't on the EPG.
    I also have a house in the UK which is rented out, but the tenants move out this month and I will sell it sometime after that, my question (s) is (are), can I apply to change my Irish card and account to my UK address and get a UK Sky card but use the same box?
    If I can, what channels will I gain (or lose)?
    If I do, what will happen to my Sky account when I sell my UK house if I'm using a card registered there?
    I've had Sky for over two years now, family pack, sports, movies etc. although I'm thinking of ditching the movies as we never seem to watch any.
    Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Also what is Sky+? and would it work here in very far south Europe?

Comments

can I apply to change my Irish card and account to my UK address and get a UK Sky card but use the same box?

You can do that with ftv cards ( altough they are not officially available anymore or for the time being ) but having two Subs on the one box, I've never seen before, I doubt it to be honest.
    As regards channells well you wont get anything different , if you are not getting the Irish terrestrials because of your location.
    Ad versions will be UK ones etc.
    Anything on the same transponders as the Irish and UK terrestrials, you will not receive.

Where in the south of Europe are you? RTÉ is possible in Nice France, I've seen it there.

If I do, what will happen to my Sky account when I sell my UK house if I'm using a card registered there?

I'd imagine , nothing will happen, your sub was registered at that address first so the new owners initially will have the problem, if they are looking for a subsidised box and installation.
    If they kick up a fuss, you may get a letter from Sky, but I'm only guessing there.

Also what is Sky+? and would it work here in very far south Europe?

Are you not able to receive the sky customer channel? its all explained there.
    Failing that, its all on http://www.sky.com/skyplus/launcher a good demo on it, you cannot miss it.
    I see no reason why it wouldn't work, when you have the movie channels unless Sky insist on a phone connection to authorise your card for it.
    They never aske me mind you, and all was fine.
    If you already have movies and sports, the only outlay is the new sky plus box as they only charge the fee when you are just on something like the family pack.
    If you have all the movies and sports you will get sky plus without an ectra monthly charge.
    The box will also give you dolby digital sound on some of the movies so may be worth it for that alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Where in the south of Europe are you?

I think he's in Malta but I stand corrected!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

A bigger dish might get your BBC/RTE channels back

Check out http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/

Advertisement